Thread: 3D TVs

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

a panasonic rep confirmed today that MYER had it exclusively along with a small handful of selected "boutique" stores (read VERY STRICT pricing)...

release is dated hesitantly for August pending stock levels...it is VERY LOW volume due to being a premium product...

other retailers are basing "preorders" from a 2012 TV listing they get sent by panasonic...it lists all models with cost/rrp pricing...it isnt adjusted per business, its just panasonic australias model listing for the year...so said retailers are assuming it will be available for them to purchase...however i can assure you that panasonic chose not to allow jbhifi/harvey norman to not have access to this particular screen...

pricing isnt confirmed by myer, but i imagine they'll do some kind of introductory offer and it should be subject to any 15% sales we regularly run...id personally take a guess and say a retail of $3699 for the 55" which sits it on par with the 55" sony/samsung sell pricing...

when you do see it instore/demonstrated...make sure the sales person has the screen mode set as "Cinema or THX"...difference is massive

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers Del.

And i can only assume these online sellers are merely advertising or selling non Aus stock. As in a Euro version or US version, dont know how but seems logical i guess.

I prefer the VT over the ST purely on the fact once calibrated properly the VT will kill the ST, at best the ST appears to be on par with the VT once calibrated properly but the VT calibrated should be better again.

Its all Jargon to me but others are plenty pleased with the VT once Calibrated and it appears ill get a few yrs service out of it then ill hit up OLED or what ever is available around 2016-17.

Name
    Pappa-P
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

As Lazy said, the panels are only available to Myer, also possibly a small store in launnie and thats it.

If anyone of the big chains outside of Myer tells you with the utmost confidence that they can supply you with a panel, tell them to call their sales rep. Because they wont get it and they've been informed as such.

The other players in the industry were offered the panel but turned it down, so we lowered the amount of our order to the factory and Myer put their hand up to take almost all of the limited production.

Foldking: the 2012 VT outshines the ST with or without calibration. This year is the first time in a long time that the top model's screen isnt shared with the lower models. So you know you're looking at something unique.

The VT50 series has also just been voted TV of the year (2012).

Lazy is also correct in the Cinema/THX mode. But be warned, its calibrated for the average home, not a brightly-light shop. I cant begin to tell you how great it looks in a regular environment!

Free to air 3D broadcast of the olympics will be the same as the Football grand finals: Big city centres only, tassie misses out yet again.

PS: Euro panels are the only ones that will work in australia.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

listen to this bloke ...

knew he wouldnt stay away ...

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I never doubted anyone, purely passing on what i had read or was told.

Cant wait to get 1.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Out of curiousity I asked at my local jb hifi today also...they told me they'd have it when released and I could preorder...should be interesting when they are released and all the preorder customers haven't been able to be fulfilled

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I was online with Bing lee chat and he said that model should be in store late next week for store show but couldn't confirm, he didn't have confirmation.

Was happy to take a pre order thou, bwahahahahhaha

Also Myers website not updated with this exclusive intel, nor is the Panasonic AU website. Sent an email away all the same.

Either way i will have 1.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 13th June 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

myer arent the kind of company to list something on the website til they have stock ready...as said previously...looking at 6 weeks or so still before things will happen unless it gets rushed ahead

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

RRP as follows

55" - 3499
    65" - 5499

Myer have stock arriving into our warehouses 29/6...should be in store by end of first week July

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Many Thanks Del

Calling local Myer right now to get my name on a list or something.

While im at it ill call GoodGuys and Bing Lee for shits and giggles.

Ive worked in retail long enough before to be a prick of a customer.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast