Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Glad your happy bloke...

i still struggle to understand why people are spending upwards of 3.5k on the Samsung/Sony/LG screens when this is cheaper and honestly a much better product...

shows how much "price" dictates quality to most people these days

Name
    Pappa-P
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good to hear mate!!!

The 2.5d you speak of is a common comment with this panel, and it's to do with the awesome contrast separating the lights and darks in a scene so well. first hand youve just seen why contrast is so important

Just to explain a few things: the panel won't show any real signs blur as it is too quick In its response, even GT5 has some blur programmed into its output to smooth the image with most things you watch but what you may be looking at is the intelligent frame creation function getting in the way: All movies so far have been shot at 24 frames a second, so naturally to reduce the judder effect the director uses a slow shutter speed and as a cosiquence the scene is shot with some blur. If intelligent frame creation is on it smooths the image further and makes the blur in the film obvious. If you turn it off then it's less noticeable, but then you bring back the judder in the image- which to be honest, is actually how it's meant to be.
    if in doubt, pause whatever it Is you are watching if possible, and if the scene is blurry when paused then you know why you can see blurr!

For gaming especially, TURN OFF INTELIGENT FRAME CREATION!!!! You will find it under advanced picker settings from memory.

In regards to the white, plasma's clip bright white as part of the way they work, but it has little effect on the actual colour output. Which is why plasma's can generate more colours than any other display tech at this time, and buy some margin.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers Pappa

Not up to spead on light and dark vs contrast type stuff but i notice the panel appears to focus on the for ground and slightly blur the background, giving a more toned and fuller frontal image, well thats the way i see it, wether its just the way it is i dunno but dam it works.

Pretty sure all frame creation/smoting is turn off at the moment, its not a bother to me just something i noticed thats all, Modern Warfare 3 has never looked so good.

So far im super happy with this Panel.

As for $$ being a deciding factor i invite anyone to my house and have a look for themselves.

Silly to pay more for a inferior item, but i guess not everyone googles panel of the yr before shopping.

Funny since i started reading this thread ive been doing a bit of Home theater searching and buying better quality hardware as money allows.

Not everything we see in the shops is quality, not buy a long shot.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 18th August 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12