Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default (SA) FS.. AE86 JDM LEVIN PANDA Notch

Up For Sale here is my 1983 AE86 Levin Panda Coupe, it is in very clean condition
    with a very straight clean body, in hard to find panda notch back style.

The car has:
    - mint SSR Long champs with -offset no scratches no gutter rash with fresh rubber all round (14" 195 F, 14" 185 R)
    - TRD 2 way LSD (Near New)
    - near new fixed back Recaro racing seat with 4 point harness
    - Titanium tipped full Fujitsubo exhaust and Jasma extractors with custom heat shield (quite rare combination)
    - HKS Pod (with new filter)
    - Trueno wind guards
    - Sparco bonnet pins
    - Power steering
    - Momo race wheel (new)
    - HD clutch
    - Apexi SAFC controller mounted in the dash
    - Complete new dash fitted in Japan no cracks or marks
    - oil and water temp gauges mounted in the dash
    - new Japanese deck
    - drift handbrake
    - GREX re-located oil filter
    - big oil cooler
    - FRP fiberglass bonnet
    - Fiberglass guards
    - fully removed rear seats rego as a two seater
    - 910kg
    - strut brace
    - aftermarket fuel regulator
    - TRD leads
    - Custom flared rear guards
    - RSR Rear Springs and Shocks (6kg)

This car is fun to drive, i only run it on BP Ultimate and it has been well looked after, The Japanese paper work shows the engine was rebuilt 2 years ago and feels very fresh still, and it is hard to come by a clean straight JDM Levin notch back with these mods. It has

3 months rego.

11,500 Credits is the price if you see the car you will understand it is worth it . Thanks

* VIDEOS DOWN THE BOTTOM*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010050.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	20720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010052.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	20722

Name:	P1010162.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	21641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010168.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	21644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010164.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	21642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010167.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	21643

Name:	P1010017.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	19898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010023.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	19895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010013.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	19892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010011.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	19899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010025.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	19896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010014.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	19893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010008.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	19890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010028.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	19897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010009.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	19894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	19891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010019.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	19933
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	252.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	19860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	19861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	19862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	256.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	19863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	19864  

Name:	253.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	19865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	254.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	19866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6290001.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	19867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	249.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	19868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010048.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	20716  

Name:	P1010049.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	20721  
    Last edited by ae86gt_apex; 19th September 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: pics

Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

new pictures added...

Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

bump $12,000

Name
    Hayden
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Have you had any trouble with cops about the seat? Or the car in general? cheers

Name
    Troy
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I seen this parked on port road today and stopped next to it for a quick perv. Nice car and gl with the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIHORSE View Post
    "if i ever get another 86 i think it will be a track only car"
    Tried that....failed.....you will too....its like sleeping next to a supermodel everynight and only getting to nail her 5 times a year

Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hi no had no trouble with the police at this stage.... it is rego'ed as a 2 seater and the seat is a FIA approved seat so i am not sure how it would go with them. the car is not extremely loud so it is not so much of a target by the police.

Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

bump

Name
    Zeto
    State
    Osaka, Adelaide
    Country
    Japan, Australia

Default A brief history of Hachi

Hello all,

Just thought I'd jump on here and put my 2 cents in about this car , as I was the owner of this car for a period of time before it was exported to Adelaide.

I purchased this car from Hiroshima in 2010. There are not to many 86's getting around Osaka at least in the city areas anyway, but they are still quite popular (though increasing in rarity) in some of the country areas such as Okayama and Hiroshima.

Surprising enough the former owner of the car was a female Hachi enthusiast. She had owned the car for about 3 years, did most of the servicing herself and even took it to the track on occasion. Upon meeting her I was surprised by her knowledge of Hachi's and cars in general. She told me that at one stage she was working for Mazda RnD team at the Hiroshima plant. I wished my girlfriend shared her automotive passion instead of making comments like, "It's too small" "It's got no back seat"
    Suffice to say to car was very clean and well maintained.

Upon getting the car back to Osaka, I was pretty happy with the overall package, but there were a few things I wanted to change.
    The first thing I did was to fit an uncracked dash, as the old one had some mild cracking which I was not happy about. Finding an uncracked dash for a reasonable price was not easy (took 4 months actually) but I had it ready for install when the car arrived in Osaka. Installing the dash wasn't difficult, just took a bit of time to get everything in properly. It looked great with the new dash, it was well worth the hours of searching time that were spend finding said dash.

Next mod was to fit a better exhaust. The choice for this install was the FGK Fujitsubo Legalis kit. (one of the best on the market for hachi's) It is a full system Extractors, mid pipe and legalis muffler. Sounds nice and meaty, and had excellent flow without being overly obnoxious, like many Hachi systems tend to be. The system is all JASMA certified therefor there were no issues with Shaken.

The next part that was added was a GREX oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit. Of course Earls braided hoses were used all round. This is a pretty good kit and made a significant difference, but lets not forget the cosmetic advantage that such a piece of kit adds to any car. (haha of course I wouldn't add it for that reason alone)

The opportunity came up to secure a very nice 2002 model fixed back Recaro seat, so naturally I had to had to have that. It sits on low mount Recaro rails, which are fully height adjustable at both the front and rear. The condition of seat is fantastic, I suspect it must have had limited use by the previous owner. one day I noticed that the seat belt was starting to wear at the corner at shoulder height, so i decided to use a small piece of felt in 2 places to prevent wear. Seemed to work very effectively.

Lastly I decided to change the wheels and steering wheel. The previous wheels were SSR mesh on the front and work equips on the rear. A fine combination indeed, but I have somewhat of an obsession for SSR XR-4s (more commoly known as Longchamps)
    A set of 14x8.5 with -7 offset graces the front, while a more conservative 14x6.5 +5 completes the rear package. All draped in new Japanese made rubber of course.

The steering wheel is a Momo 35cm item (D35) and was purchased New Old Stock in Osaka. Boss kit is also a genuine Momo item.
    The model of this wheel escapes me at this time, if I remember at a later time, I'll chime in and let you know. Conversely if some Momo enthusiast happens to know what model it is, please let me know. I've been told by someone that it's quite rare and has been out of production for many years.

Basically I was over the moon with the car in its current state after my minor modifications, I had 1 years fresh shaken to enjoy the car with and plenty of fun filled places and nice smooth roads to enjoy. The car enjoyed trips to Kobe, Okayama, Kyoto , Fuji-san and just about everywhere in and around Osaka. I just loved driving this car,everything felt great about it. One memorable moment was a journey along the famed Wangan route. I was crusing along, when another Hachi (trueno) wearing panda colours pulled up alongside of me. a rare sight indeed! Somewhat of a Wangan Midnight scenario ensued. I can safely say that this car can travel at around the 180km/h mark and still feel great.

Engine wise the car felt great, the engine was completely rebuilt around 2.5 years ago by the previous owner. I covered about 5000km, and i beleive that the total amount of kms covered since the rebuild would be somewhere in the order of 30,000. So yes it is still very fresh and lively!

The only problem which I encountered with this car was that one day it wouldn't start. My first reaction (after the panic) was that I had knocked something or accidentally unplugged something during the dash change over. considerable time was spent checking and rechecking most of the electrical system. Everything was O.K so onto the next logical step, the battery. A new battery was purchased from Autobacks. Upon installing the battery and atempting to start the car you can imagine my disappointment when once again nothing happened. Next logical thing was the starter motor, which was promptly removed and tested. 100 percent non operational! having read a little online about the 4a starters I should have inspected this before buying a new battery, but people in panicked situations don't always think so logically. A Nippon Denso 1.2 kW starter was installed a few days later. A far superior item when compared with the standard which i believe is .8kW. First turn of the key and she purred into life. I decide to change the leads with the thicker TRD red items and also cleaned and inspected the distributor and other such equipment (all was in good condition)

Not to get into too much detail on the sad matter of the sale of this 86, but basically I moved to a new apartment which did not have a car space included with the apartment. Parking in Osaka city runs about 20,000 yen a month, which I simply did not want to pay. The task of searching for a cheap convenient space was simply not happening. After much much thought on the future of this car, I did a bad thing and decided to sell it.

I now get around on a honda dio, at least I have the memories!

I know this car very well indeed, please feel free to ask me any questions about it, or just talk about it or hachis in general.

Thank you for your time!

Banned
    Name
    Shawn
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

bump

Banned
    Name
    Shawn