Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: mals hachi

Name
    Derek
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah its a real shame he's going to paint this in pearl, put 18" chromies on it and a tan leather interior...
    It'd look so hot left stripped out and in primer grey.

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

haha, dont think so derek,
    And faceplant I was going to originally paint it black but decided to change that idea for something else completely different, its hard not to just put clear over how it is now haha. Next pics should be the painted ones I think.

Banned

good to hear

Name
    deki
    State
    vic
    Country
    Australia

mad build, good luck with everything

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

couple of pics from last weekend when Steve and Derek came round to help me finish off the front end (well as much as we could not being able to source tie rod ends on the day lol).
    The steering rack is out (due to me not being allowed to leave it how it was), and I will now take it to get reconditioned.

And just for a bit more motivation Steve let me borrow one of his wheels so my car could have an "awesome moment".

And this next photo is what I look like when I see boobs (and nice dish on my 86 lol). Spot Derek wondering what its like to be a 4age haaha

All the shit needed to get this car painted in the 2pak etc has been bought and I should have a tow truck picking up the car round the end of next week.

Banned

15secs of joy...same goes with the missus right?

i hope your gettin wider and more aggresive offset rims

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

15 seconds? if I havent had a wank first haha
    Yeah I was in the process of getting some konig b bombs that would have sat flush with the guards and had some nice dish, but......things happened and the guy couldn't let them go anymore. But they seem like the ones im gonna get soonish or if I see something similar I will get them instead. I want to have two sets, nice daily driver ones with street rubber and another set (who cares what these ones look like) with some fresh toyo r888 rubber. Mainly because I want to enter the sprint series next year and the fact that this car will be a daily, I dont fancy using the good rubber on the street.

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Well its been a while and I took a break from the car, however it is to be painted as early as next weekend.

Also found something while I was driving the truck around the tablelands,,,,and decided it needed saving!

it needs some rust work, but the good thing is that everything is in place and only a very simple 4age conversion with t-18 + 2-way is on the cards for it to be a nice daily/drifter, basically what I should have done the first time round lol.

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I laughed my ass off the whole way through this tread... especially the attacking tigger part haha.

Any hint on what colour it'll be?

New daily rig looks tidy too> Will be nice with some slamming and width/offset.

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha yeah just a bunch of comedians up this way but makes it less boring lol.
    Yeah the colour was going to be electric orange (ford focus xr5), BUT,, I changed my mind. See I went to a paint shop and run into an old mate (the one you have rum with then do wrestling sort of bloke) and he said that when they mix a colour, sometimes it comes out just the slightest bit wrong. (bored yet?) So what they do with these wrong colours is take them out the back shed and mix them together and what not, hence my new (and a lot cheaper) custom 2pak colour, which will hopefully be stuck to the shell in a WEEK!!!.

I told myself to NOT start working on the other one but, I hate rust and have started my assault on the daily haha, I will however get the GOOD one sent to paint in 1WK!.
    I have started to get some documented evidence of the "stray puppy" (name for the daily ha) and will post some rust destroying pics soon (probably in the morning, cause im beached as).

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast