Thread: WTAC needs more rules?

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default WTAC needs more rules?

some of the big gun aussie cars are just stupid. honestly, what is the point?

the aero/ basically 3/4 chassis cars are retarded. they have no relevance to anything.

its not exactly like your average tuner/shop actually aspires to build/own anything like these cars.

the cyber evo (which won) is a relevant car. it is basically a stripped evo with a built motor and some hobby level aero.

some of the aussie cars are just abominations. no offense to the builders, im sure its a nice way to burn some coin, and if you've got it, spend it. but still.

it would be nice to see the event organisers tighten up the rules, otherwise we're just headed down the same road as DA. only without even getting started.

discuss.
    78's

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah i agree. seeing josh cootes car (i know he's a REALLY nice guy) made me cry.

were there many 3/4 chassis cars though? an awful lot of carbon (GT auto garage), but then again scorch racing (awesome!!!) also had a fair bit..
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Mereki
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i so fucking agree D, one good example is the GT auto garage r35, it has ridiculous aero and a full carbon body is just overkill. good indicator that there is way too much money thrown to useless shit
    ~KEEP DRIFTING FUN~

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

maybe they will change anyway seeing all the GTRs seemed to be pretty slow for the money spent.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

re 3/4 chassis.. i guess not really seeing as that ford ute didnt actually make it? i'll admit im generalizing but you get what i mean.
    78's

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I think its good that they allow it all.

Its really the only event which lets people go nuts with their crazy ideas and theories to see if they actually work. Makes it a bit interesting to watch, even if the cars arent as fast they look.

If the rules were too strict, all the cars would be basically the same and I doubt as many people would be 45 bucks to watch some stock looking evos and gtrs go around eastern creek, I know I wouldnt...

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ha fully agree slydar!
    I was talking to a mate about this, all the bullshit some of these cars have, and look at the Cyber evo, standard Chasis, gutted, cage, engine and some SMART Aero.
    and it still 3 seconds faster , obviously the driver has alot to do with it aswell.
    but seriously are they building cars or UFO's?
    let them do what they want, they will still get waxed.

Ha how was that R35 GTR with a thousand ponies.. hmm all the gear and no idea really
    Last edited by sundee; 8th August 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

meh

i get where your coming from d, but its about the freedom to create as much as anything. As wild as cootes car looked, i think its fair to say it did very well for essentially an unsorted car with minimal track time.

And to say the cyber evo is more relevant? yeah if you have bulk coin for heaps of wind tunel hours...

i think things will settle down a few years in when we (australia) get used to what works and what doesnt without the mega dollar windtunnel or cfd time to find out if it actually works...

until then i recon just enjoy the spectacle of these guys losing their minds with all their groundbreaking ideas until they all come back to earth and get stuck into what it really takes... development time.
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

crazy one off aero is awesome

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I'm no expert but the aero on some of the cars looked like it would have slowed them down more than it did good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast