Thread: 20v injector problem

Name
    kiall
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default 20v injector problem

alright, so i had the injectors out to get cleaned and i also needed to give them the fuel rail, which it turns out was easier to give them the itbs as well
    it got tested, all was good, then I put everything back in and it wont start, just wondering if i need to 'bleed' the fuel rails and injectors to get all the air out, or if theres any other reason for it to not start

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I would assume that the car was running before you did all that? Get a battery, 2 wires and just touch over the pins on the back of the injector and make sure it is actually opening. You should hear
    a reletavely audible clicking sound as it opens. Unless you have a CRO you won't be able to test voltages going to the injectors in the actual loom. With the fuel itself the air bubbles should be pushed back into the tank
    within a minute of the fuel pump pumping away. That would be the next thing for you to check I guess, turn on the ignition and see if the pump is whirring. Even easier if you had a fuel pressure gauge.

Name
    kiall
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

turns out the sparklers were just black so i got a new set and it started up running beautifully for about 20 mins then stopped and started it again , and it was running like shit
    hotter plugs maybe? im just runnin bkr6e at the moment cos there cheap but i still think its gettin too much fuel cos the plugs blacken after only real short runs
    any suggestions?

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Black is obviously too much fuel, it's just covering everything in carbon. I would be scared of what it's done to the top of the pistons, they are probably carbon caked.
    If it's that bad that the engine does not start as a result of carbon I would be worried. If they are the standard plugs that you are using then going to a hotter plug won't fix your problem.
    They didn't drill out the injectors did they? Are they standard injectors?

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Did the cleaning place give details of the injectors before and after they touched them.

Name
    kiall
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yea they did give me details, from what i can tell they seem pretty good, i drove it today and it was really good up high, decent down low but it wouldnt idle.
    the only way to get it to sorta idle is to stab the throttle maybe every second and then it sits at 1500rpm, if i hold the throttle down a little bit it will stall, any lower than about 3000rpm it will stall unless you stab the throttle, and when you stab the throttle you can hear a click from the ecu,
    it also makes the clicking noise when youre rolling down the road in gear and touch the throttle
    anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I was under the assumption the thing wasn't running, I would say you have a tiny air leak from the manifold.
    I had the same symptoms once, ran fine on throttle but wouldn't idle. Doesn't neccesarily mean it's a manifold leak but an air leak would be my best gues at this stage.
    Sure it's the ECU clicking and not one of the relays?