Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakefeild drift matsuri!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Ok, I talked to the chicky that took accommodation bookings at Wakefield...

She seemed to think the Best way to run it was to have each person call in and make a separate booking. If you say you're part of the Toyota group then she will try to put us all as close together as possible. So far the group has four people in it, three drivers and one support crew.

If you're staying Friday night as well as Saturday night I think you are able to pay as you arrive, however if you only staying Saturday night I'm not sure but you may have to pay a ahead of getting there. To make a booking call 02 4822 2811 and tell them you want to make a booking for the stadium drift weekend. It seems to be a pretty simple process and it does make sense that we make separate bookings. $60 a night seems pretty reasonable and you literally just have to wake up and you're at the track.

Last thing, I'm pretty sure that the accommodation desk is only open during business hours so no point calling over the weekend.

Does that sound like a good deal to you guys?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Also if for some reason they don't recognise the Toyota group, tell them to put you as close as possible to Andrew Robinson.

Cheers guys

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Come on, $60 a night, for at track villa is a bargain....

Lets do this!

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hold right on a second!
    When we payed for this event, accommodation was specified as camping.
    Which means tents.
    If there is an issue then raceline events need to deal with this, and it seems like they are going to have a huge shit fight on there hands on Friday when everyone rocks up with tents.

I wouldn't go out of your way looking for more accommodation. As it's not our fault, it's the organizers responsibility so let them deal with it.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Not to mention you have probably all payed for your "camping" which means you will be owed a refund

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I would rather pay $60 to be in a on-site villa, than $20 to stay in a tent.....

Name
    Craig
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Default Accomodation

Yeah, we are genuine motorsport enthusiasts, some some sort of .... street racers ( ) or hippies !

I think after a day of hardcore drifting etc I'd much prefer to stay somewhere decent than sleep on the ground in a tent (I also currently don't have a tent) etc.

For me personally I didn't pay for "camping" when I put in my entry for (I just paid to drive and for an open garage). Though I can see what you mean, there's going to be some angry motorsport enthusiasts with tents on the Friday night if they only allow caravans, lol.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I agree that it is raceline's problem if its anyone's, and I also agree that camping means tents, but lets also be a little careful that we don't f&$* things up with wakefield... It seems like they are only just starting to come around to the idea of bigger drift events, it would be lame if they decided it wasn't worth having more events like this after getting abused by a bunch of guys over the definintion of camping

I didnt pay for camping either as I would have prefered to drive to and from Canberra each day then pay $20 for the privilage of sleeping on the ground... work gets me to go 'camping' more than enough to satisfy my need to be outdoors, but I was annoyed Id miss the nightlife part of the event. I see this as a better overall package.

In the end I guess its up to the individual, but as long as we follow some and manage to avoid Im sure we'll all have a rad time.

Current Cars:

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Overdrift - So awesome on so many levels..... Maybe I should get one of those auto boxes...lol
    "one time during a race, he changed out your brothers tranmission, while he was in a full drift"

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Has anyone brought this to racelines attention?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast