Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: so it begins...

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I think with 0 offset should be fine, im pretty sure the wata's on mine are + offset of whatever amount and they bolted on and turned but just skimmed the caliper.
    Cant really compare the 86 to the 70 just yet as the 70 hasnt been thrashed to much yet to notice
    i do have a whole bunch of ultra racing braces in the 70 aswell so hopefully that will help

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Progress..
    My chrome bumpers have arrived as well as my madhouse lip with few bits and pieces.
    So i have another week off so i hope to get the engine and gearbox in over the next couple of days. Just come off nightshift and have been up all night and day. spent couple hours getting the 4k ready to pull out while i was over tired.

Hit a major snag once i pulled the radiator out to find it was hiding huge amounts of rust. I planned on cleaning up the engine bay before the 4a was going to go in but i don't have anything to be able to fix rust damage this serious meaning getting another shell and welder or replacing the member with custom made item.

any ideas or help from you guys would help?

another drama for tomorrow i am off to bed!

oh by the way buy my stuff

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Got some more done over last two days. On the inside i stripped the dash and aircon/heater stuff from inside so i can get the hydraulic pedal box in and put a better dash in.
    In the engine bay i swapped the engine crossmember over, cleaned it up and painted it black except the rust which i can cut out when i get a chance.
    yesterday i got the engine and box in and planned on doing more before it started raining mehhhhhh.
    So probaly wont get much more done by the end of the week due to going to watch ADGP and alcohol consumption that has to be done

After this week its back to making a crust so not much will get done for a week or so...

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

smashed a fair bit of work this week due to peer pressure to buy a welder. I made the pilgrimage to bunnings and purchaced a few things early in the week so i was able to cut the majority of rust out and make up brackets for the bumpers.

Welded a support bar so once i cut the front up the car didn't fall apart.

Mind the shitty welds, cant expect to much from a 350 dorra gasless mig

once i did the rust in the engine bay and other spots i wasn't to sure on what i was going to do about the chrome bumper brackets on the front and back. In the end i decided to modify the original ones and came out better than expected but wasn't easy. I proceeded to dummy up the lights and lip just for a photo as im yet to fit the radiator and oil cooler.

Attracted the nieghbours pussy!

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

slowly slowly been making progress inbetween xmas and NYE.

brought a radiator for the blue rig so i could finally fit intercooler aswell to see how it fits and by the time i managed to squeeze those behind everything i have no room for the oil cooler but that will be the mission for next swing of work.

also need to sort out the rad hoses which will be interesting.
    so not to much more left in the engine bay department but still shit loads to go.

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

spent the best $89 ever during the week and got a pop up marquee which made good for aussie day aswell.

trying to spend minimal dollars on this since i am going on holidays soon but its a hard urge to fight did manage to get some dry ice which disappeared in the heat pretty quick, cleaned up the inside and patched up holes in the firewall. managed to get 11.5 kilograms of sound deadening out, add the carpet and other random pieces and i have saved a few kg's.
    last thing was to smash a few cans of paint on the crack monkey but the blue that came out of the can wasn't what i expected but no biggie

another week down.

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

so Perth peeps i been thinking i might get someone to wire it this up properly on my weeks working so i would like some suggestions to where i should check out to do the work and tune.
    I previously got tuning and odd ends done at Cypher Ind when i had the 86 but maybe more SR/nistune engine management background?

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

looking good man
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    brodie
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

What did you use to get all the sound deadener out lol

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country