Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: so it begins...

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

4 kg of dry ice, hammer and a scraper my friend. Was disappointed when my dry ice disappeared in Perths 41 degree day and i had to do the last bit without it haha

yeah tiny bit not as ghetto as when you were in it haha

Name
    brodie
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Dam wish I thought of that lol I'm using a hammer and chisel and scraper ATM but its taking for EVER lol

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Save yourself the hassle and go to BOC gas with a small esky and buy some dry ice, only cost $11 a kilo and would only need 5kg for whole car

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You dent the shit outta your floor pan using dry ice. If I was to do it again is try a heat gun an turps
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey kids! I figured it was time to update. Gotten heaps done over last few months including having it running then not running and now running and driveable since fitting the F series diff with r33 brakes and having a tailshaft made up.
    Fitted up the fuel system aswell as a bunch of little things bolted on blah blah.

few issues im having that doesnt let me drive it far is the fact the master cylinder wont let me brake so when i decided to drive with the new setup i had no brakes but have 15/16' cylder on the way. Also having problems with over fueling at start up which im thinking has something to do with temp sensor because when i pull the plug off on cold start up it runs good. last thing is having shit clearance issues with these rx7 brakes upfront and r33 brakes on back, i dont really want to use spacers but i have used multiple sets of rims with no luck.

Still have shit loads to go but its getting closer now!

few pics of bits n pieces

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

good work bro. cant wait to cruise with ya :p
    83' 4AGTE Hachi - 335whp @ 22psi on United E85.
    Never ending build...

Name
    Brenton
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

this gunna be ready for drift prac on the 4th? hopefull be there with my gze daily

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Im aiming for 4th june drift prac but its going to be a big push, i will probably go there either way if im driving or not.

Got a bit more wiring tidied up today and fitted the battery box. Also managed to get some 8mm bundi tube to run new fuel lines which i need to fit.

Tune is booked in couple weeks time so if all goes well i might be drifting soon.

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Jaden
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Update update update! Thought i might jump on here and let the world know whats been happening in the last couple of months of having my car running.

It has been pretty damn reliable so far besides small things here and there on the track but nothing that has held me back much. Mainly electrical issues and replacing the last few stock parts.

I managed to get a shakedown practice night of drift and a two day event in before the drift season started and jumped straight into the action.
    First round of WA drift i managed to qualify in street, won first battle and narrowly lost my second battle, was pleased to win a battle against a 500hp vk commo.
    Second round was a short track at night. The night started off very average as i line up to go out on track officials call me back in for the rolla being "to low" even though i had already been scrutinized. After a few quick changes i qualified street class and battled all the way to a second place finish, was stoked with the outcome.
    Third round didn't end as well but i did make my way into Pro class which was all good until my first battle was against the guy who ended up winning the day

So at the moment i havent been doing too much except for finished outside paint and went to braided brake lines. Its just too hot to work outside on my car when i don't have to...

Managed to prime the car with cans then snuck it into work on nightshift and smashed some safety orange on it... much better than CAT yellow anyway

So whats next, fit the rest of the gauges, hook up oil cooler, cage, get a not so sloppy shithouse W58 in it.

I am also starting to plan a roadtrip to tow the beasty over to adelaide and melbourne for a little bit of drift action after the WA drift season is done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast