Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Vodaphone coverage

I've been with three for about 5 years now and never had any massive coverage problems. My delima now is my contract is up and to get a new phone I've been told I must port over to vodaphone.

Just wondering how bad the coverage is these days, 12 months ago it was woeful enough for anyone with a contract to be able to break it on the grounds of poor service. Has it gotten any better recently?

I spend allot of time in both sydney and Melbourne. Cost isn't a massive issue as I expense my phone thru work but I like the idea of $45 for Unlimited calls
    Last edited by Matt; 16th September 2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: paragraphs

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yeah im with 3 (at least 6 years) and happy with them, scared about this vodaphone switch, it seems strange and lacking information - some power moves in office boardrooms behind the scenes....
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Drew
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

vodaphone and 3 are the same towers, have been for ages, since orange went bust pretty much, reception is in the phone with vodaphone, if your phones a fuckbox, you dont get shit, vodaphone+iphone = lonely human

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

^^ true, i hate it, iphone 4 regularly drops out, they are cheep, but you get what you pay for.
    when my contract it up im getting out.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If it is the case already where 3 swapped to vodaphone towers, I guess I won't be any worse off with going onto a voda contract...

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Vodafone's rolling out 850MHz stuff (for 2012) which will mean that the iPhone will get better reception on Vodafone compared to optus. Currently they're on 2100/900 3G stuff which means iPhone will be shit on any network other than telstra (2100/850). Although, from reading , 3 runs on it's own 2100MHz towers and runs on telstra's 850MHz so coverage should be good on 3 as well.

I have been with vodafone for 7/8 years and I guess you could say it wasn't the greatest but call quality has gotten better recently. I'm running a 3G telstra phone (2100/850MHz) on vodafone (2100/900) and it barely ever goes 3G when I'm at home, it'll flicker on and off but never stay 3G for any worthwhile amount of time. It does go 3G when I'm at work or in the city though.

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

From my understanding once all the 850mhz rollout is done Vodafone will be able to switch on their 4G service and compete on speed and bandwidth with Telstra.

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Jesus H christ.

get off Vodafail / 3 ASAP.

best thing I ever did was move to Telstra (and I hate telstra)

Name
    Dean
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I work in telecoms, In the cities vodafone is good but once out of town not the greatest...Optus is generally good balance of price and coverage and most of the time their customer service is better...I deal with them on a daily basis and voda is the hardest to deal with most of the time.

Telstra do have good coverage but they have done a good job of making many believe it is leaps and bounds ahead when it is not.

I do prefer Optus when all things are considered, but if you never go outside a city then voda is cheap!

850mhz penetrates into buildings a lot better and can stretch further than 900 or 2100...
    ex-SR20 Stanza and now MX83 Cressida Driver

John 1:12

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i live in the cbd of melbourne live 10 mins out of the city and work in the city and coverage is crap! its like some days its okay some days it just wont do anything via 3g

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast