Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ill be at deni
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Dentist?

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im going to high jack this thread because its on the same track as this idea

As we all know, NSW is shit when it comes to meetups with AE/KE because no one puts in the effort hands down, and yet everyone complains..
    I understand not everyone is in the position to meet-up every weekend or even every month, but how about this

we do a 4 time meetup in 1 year...every 3 months or so, we'll all come together ONCE, and count that as a 1/4 yearly meetup?
    the other ae86 forum has a yearly meetup which is generally a good turn out for those who attend...so why cant NSW members just have 1 every 3months, a small one

There are plenty of track days and skid pans organized by other people/forum/clubs for any type of cars...so why not use one of these as our 1/4 yearly meetup+ Track day?
    Instead of hitting the hills and go for a drive on public road...just drive to the track and make the meetup there + track time

i know not everyone can afford to pay for track time as they usually cost $200 odd, but spectating is mostly free for all these events...
    i dare say we only need a group of 5 cars to attend these 1/4 yearly meetup and the rest of NSW ae/ke members will want to come check it out and slowly but surely, our community will be strong, then maybe enough brains put together to get an all AE/KE track day for ourselves..

All we have to do is make sure we all agree to hit 1 track day all together within a period of 3months, thats like saving $20 a week and by 3months, you'll have enough for track fee +petrol and what not

im sick of going to track days or skid days and i see nissan, evos, nissan, evos, nissan, evo, 1 corolla...

there was a thread about EVENTS for the year where people could post up what track events were to happen within the year? does anyone if this still exist?

the best thing about this idea i think is that, WE DONT HAVE TO ORGANISE ANYTHING, we just pay for the track fee, and members rock up and its a 1/4 yearly meet for our community...+ its helping the car motor sport scene.. sounds easy right?

i already do plan to hit the track more often regardless of this or not, and im sure a few SOLO people are constantly out on the track, but how much more fun would it be to be out on the track with members at the same time?

someone else input on this, anyone else keen on a 1/4 yearly meetup for NSW drivers?
    dose

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

the man makes some sense. thumbs up!

get off your lazy asses people lets make it happen...
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I agree with you there, And I am down in Canberra...... Whenever I go to Wakefield, I am always the only 86 there.......
    As you've said, Select an already established event if needs be, and everyone make an effort to come if they really actually want to have AE86DC meetups.

Maybe make a new thread to get the idea rolling?

But in saying that, that is a structure that costs money, with I understand not everyone can fork out. And it will have a differant mode compared to a street meetup.
    Maybe, a good public meet and drive (without people being tools) location needs to be sussed out....

I might be sticking my nose in somewhere out of my area, as I havent ever driven my 86 in Sydney, but down here in Canberra, there arn't many 86's that are keen for meetups, so I would come to sydney if there was a well managed meetup. Down here, the most common meetup that occurs is at the Canberra Hillclimb. There are 2-3 of us that compete every round, and every so often a few other 86's that rock up for viewing.....

JoJo

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im in for this.

Maybe we should start with something pretty easy like one of those twilight drift nights, heaps of people and everyone knows everyone.

Or even an easy wednesday night drag races, its cheap, no license needed and anyone can rock up.

Then once everyones hyped we can go to wakefield or something.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So looks like we do have a few keen members, that's a great start! I'll start doing a few research and see what events are going to happen for the rest of the year!! I hope to get atleast 1 event to happen before the end of this years summer. Then it'll roll over in 2012 and the 1 year anniversary of this will be again in 2012 summer, sounds do-able..

I'll start a new thread when I get more details =D and we can all brain storm on that
    dose

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

keen as on this idea feel free to PM me MR rice if you need any help. I am all for something like this and have a few contacts which could make something like this happen if we had more than 8 members interested. Lets make this happen boys. The kids will follow

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers OMG866

Guys, start spamming and posting in the other thread, and we'll go from there
    dose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2