Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: EOI - CNC AE86 Hubs in standard size and +10mm track

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I'm assuming he's waiting on the rest of the deposits or they are being made

Name
    Rodney
    State
    nsw
    Country
    Australia

whats goin on man these should be made by now you said 2weeks its almost been a month now?

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for the late replys, but im out at work at the moment, adn its not so easy to just jump on the internet all the time

this is where we are at:

I have called the machinist, one prototype has been machined. I have sent a new set of bearings to the shop to be test fitted, and they were not happy with how the bearing shell was in the hub, so they have made some adjustments to the CAD drawing and are going to make another hub to ensure the bearings sit properly.

Its important to get this right, if the bearings are crushed or 'egg shaped' in the hub it will not allow correct operation.

You have to remember that these are being made from a 25 year old hub.....some of the clearances will have changed in that original hub they took teh specs from.

I still have everyone's money in a new seperate account, if anyone wishes for a refund i will transfer. The hubs are still going ahead and will still be produced as stated.......these things take time.

Name
    Pete
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

No dramas mate just thought id see how they were coming along
    ROYAL GARAGE NEWCASTLE

Name
    Rodney
    State
    nsw
    Country
    Australia

ok kool just needed to know what was doin cause my car cant be finished with out this so they are needed asap but you are right they need to be made right as my car will be driven daily as well as track

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Is it possible to press some studs into the first prototype and test fit a wheel? I'm wondering why the measurement on the drawing for the PCD circle is R57 and not R57.15. Your tapered seat wheel nuts should mate perfectly and not pull outwards on the wheel studs if that makes sense.

Name
    Rodney
    State
    nsw
    Country
    Australia

sooooooooo its been a month since you last updated us so whats going they should of made the 2nd one how did that turn out are we any closer having a finished product??????

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

the update is im pretty much considering refunding all deposits and shutting this down.

my job is just too demanding at the moment, im far to regional.......most times with no phone, internet and using generators for 240v. I have no way of keeping in contact with people and getting things organised.

ill be paying for the time on the prototype and drawings out of my own pocket.

i have so much on my plate that i cant even get to the shop to inspect or discuss this. my job has just escalated so much since this project started.

i apologize to all concerned, as i have stated, a full refund of your deposit is available. i will PM all people individually to obtain bank details

sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to know when to call it what it is.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

So after i went away into the outback for work for 6 weeks (no internet, no mobile phone), i get home to an email invoice to say these have been made

So now i have these in my possession. I have paid the full out lay myself........a fair bit of coin. Lucky my salary allows for that now

what a fucked up situation.

so i am going to fit one up to my car and if all goes well they will be on sale again

pics of fitment in the next few days

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If I can buy 2 sets let me know..
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast