Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Exclamation HELP!!!

nvrmnd
    Last edited by Cerby86; 17th October 2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

hahahaha ok
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Okay I'll fill you guys in. Im going through engineering, I've got xt130 control arms, rx7 brakes, and 15x7 pos 10 rims. This means my track measurement for the front is 65mm more than I'm allowed to have and because of the rims its 20mm to wide at the rear as well and the only way to get around that is to cut and shut the diff or change rims. SO I have been trying to source 15 inch rims that will clear my brakes but are positive offset enough to solve the rear track issue AND I was going to cut shut some front control arms to make up the difference at the front.
    Then I was told that im actually allowed to change the track by 50mm instead of 25mm so I relaxed and stopped worrying about it. THEN I found out that I was right about the 25mm in the first place...on tuesday...when I have engineering on thursday
    Anyway fortunately Mark Rogers had some coilovers and ae86 brakes I could borrow. So on Tuesday I had mediation to see if I get to keep my house which of course gave me a migraine then I worked till 9pm then I went and got the coilovers and brakes! Then I went to dads at midnight to get some 13inch rims. Anyway I have spent today swapping shit over and it looks like I will get away with my 13s, ae86 brakes, and standard control arms. Hopefully I can convince the engineer that ae86 brakes are a brake upgrade on an ae71 and get him to include a brake upgrade on the mod plate hahah.

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

hell of a trip man.

if you need anything i might have some standard spares also you can have?
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Woohoo!!!! Just got the nod from the engineer!!! Report should be in by 2 weeks then i'll get the plates a few days after that and then ais inspection the rego then hr annual!!!!!
    Right so I'm off to the shed now to change the rims, the ride height, the track/ control arms, the brakes and the coilovers back to where it was before LOL