Thread: Corona ST141 `¬` Wagon <3

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Default Corona ST141 `¬` Wagon <3

Picked up a St141 Corona wagon a few weeks ago to use as a daily. It has the 2s and a 4 speed was told it was a RT142 but yeah! that's what happens when you buy a car without seeing it. First things first is a Road worthy check! and some rego!

Aster that ill clean it up a bit get some low and some 14" fitment and skids it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310101_10150408137796663_751471662_10287263_1512849999_n.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	22180

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

I had to drive the car the other day to move it to my new house. I put an unrego permit on it and took off. The car was fairly shit to drive! the front end is sloppy as and as your dtiving you can feel the rearend sway and move around. But by far the worst thing was the interioir it was fucking disgusting i didnt even want to sit in it, i put up with it and then yesterday started to clean it. I pulled all the seats and the center consoule out and this is what i found

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319938115.714524.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	22336

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319938162.524439.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	22337

So gave it a crazy vac and used some car wash with hot water to clean all the body of the car that was not covered by carpet

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319938339.920266.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	22338

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319938355.771012.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	22339

so yeah today if i can be stuffed ill head back out clean all the seats and start to do the boot area and start to replace all the interiour plasticks that some spaz painted silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Today i cleaned up to boot vaced the carpet and cleaned the plastics. I also mounted up an old 4 chan amp i had lying around. I cant remember the last time i actualy had an amp lol, I am normaly ripping out carpets, seats, interiour plastics and sterios. But this is going to be more of a low down cruiser then a racecar so i dont think some splits and some 6x9's will hurt, I put the front passangers seat back in and with help of a mate made some rails to put my drivers seat in. tomorrow i will get under it and just have a check and then book in a rwc.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320046646.668530.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	22360

and a pic of the trims that are silver if anyone sees a corona in the wreckers with blue interiour let me know!!

Last edited by PoDgE; 31st October 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Just finished doing a shit load of work on this thing for its road worthy check on friday. Fixed the oil leak that ended up just being loose bolts on the sump i first thought it was a rearmain so i was happy with that, replaced front swaybar links and D bushess, carster rod bushess and rear panhard rod bushess with Nolathane items, i gave everything i pulled off a coat of satain black to try and start making shit look clean. I also found that the strunt top bolts, controlarm bolts and gearbox X-member bolts where all loose they weren't even finger tight! so i went around and did all of them up and just took the car for a quick strap it felt so much better the steering was tight and the car felt steardy ...... well as steardy as a stock 27 year old car can lol. So hear is to hoping it passes its inspection on friday.

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Car failed its RWC inspection today alot of bullshit like, Motor runs rough, consoule loose (the plastic the screws go into have cracked), Tail gate full of rust ( it has two spots size of 50c coins that is surface rust, top windscrean mold missing (is this a RWC item?), bonnet full of rust ( surface rust under the bonnet ). So yeah i also need a few other parts but ill chuck up a add in parts WTB. can anyone shed some light on the items listed? are these normal RWC items? i would understand if the rust is falling out but it is just serface im just gonna sand back and paint it anyway but yeah would like your input on this please!

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Car failed its RWC inspection today alot of bullshit like, Motor runs rough, consoule loose (the plastic the screws go into have cracked), Tail gate full of rust ( it has two spots size of 50c coins that is surface rust, top windscrean mold missing (is this a RWC item?), bonnet full of rust ( surface rust under the bonnet ). So yeah i also need a few other parts but ill chuck up a add in parts WTB. can anyone shed some light on the items listed? are these normal RWC items? i would understand if the rust is falling out but it is just serface im just gonna sand back and paint it anyway but yeah would like your input on this please!

Name
    Davis
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

no visible rust is allowed mate, as for the console, get some washers and screw down through those to make it sturdy. sand all the rust out treat it and paint it. get down to the wreckers and pick up any parts to make it all look complete. alot of inspectors can be very picky mate, just play the game and do what they say. also look up vic roads website for all roadworthy requirements