Thread: AE92 Fuel Rail / 3SGE Injectors. Fuel Rail leaking @ No 4 Injector

Name
    George
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default AE92 Fuel Rail / 3SGE Injectors. Fuel Rail leaking @ No 4 Injector

Running Quads on a Bigport; trying to do pre-tune WARI set up but can't get to first base due to fueling issues. . .

Fuel is leaking (or more accurately; dribbling/pouring) past the O-ring seal on# 4 injector.

I have changed all the rubbers on the injectors; pads/ O-rings & spacers but fuel is still pissing past the seal on #4 and I'm at a loss as to why.

O-rings:

1. The 3SGE injectors came with O-rings; these were units in car when I first diagnosed the problem.
    2. I had 4 new AE92 injector O-rings so put these on the 3SGE injectors to see if they'd make a difference; they didn't
    3. I then went out & got 4 new 3SGE O-rings < different part numbers to AE92 units but they look identical to naked eye>. That didn't fix the problem either.

Can anyone confirm if AE92/3SGE injector O-rings have identical cross-section (or otherwise)?

Fuel Rail:

I have never had a problem with the rail before (with OEM injection) and haven't touched the Fuel rail so can't see why it would be that.

Spacers:

The 3SGE injectors have a higher shoulder than those on the AE92 so when you put AE92 spacer pads on them they concertina flat < photo shows old loose & sloppy spacers - changed them 4 new ones but it didn't stop the leak*>. Also tried mounting injectors w/out the spacers - no difference, still leaking at #4. . .

* As they are just pads not seals this was no surprise.

Blockage?

When I first activated the Pump; fuel was pissing past the Union on the Fuel Filter, so I tightened the bolt; then the leak moved to the 22mm bolt/pulsation Dampener union, so I tightened that up. Now its at the Injector itself so maybe there's a pressure build up somewhere?

Help. . . .
    Last edited by GeeEss; 2nd November 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Name
    George
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Or perhaps I'm just barking up the wrong tree and it's the Fuel Pressure regulator???

PS: How do you check these (with Engine Off)?

Name
    Andrew
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Jump the FP & Batt pins IIRC. Then the pump will run with the key on/engine off.

That spacer has nothing to do with sealing besides locating the injector properly, instead it sounds like the o-ring could be damaged, too small or compressed (not sealing well). That is, if it IS leaking from there.

Andrew

Name
    George
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

OEM 3SGE & AE92 O-rings are roughly 8mm I.D. x 2mm Dia x-section. I replaced these with 6mm I.D. x 2.5mm x-section and that stopped the leak at the injector - but moved it to the FPR!!!

Is it possible I have a dud Fuel Pressure Regulator?

PS: A little "history" regarding this leak;

Name
    Andrew
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Could be.

Andrew

Name
    George
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yep it was; went out & got another (used) Reg from a local wrecker and. . . .bobs your uncle - no fuel leakage!

Just fired it up for the first time . . .Quads on a pumped Bigport sound very nice. . .

What a saga this has been. Thank you God. . or Buddha or whoever got me through this. . .