today finally got round to replacing my thermo fan switch, flushed out my heater core too. my heater would barely demist the windscreen before, searched online and found a guys post from canada talking about the poor performance of his 86 heater and how he fixed it.
my red 86 had a great heater and my new white 86 one sucked so i knew how efficient it should have been, i popped off both the inlet and outlet pipes leading to the core on the firewall side and got my garden hose out first off just flushing it out, fair amount of 28 year old poo coming out from the core from both pipes. I kinked the garden hose with my hand and let it build pressure and then released it and the amount of crap coming out of the core was incredible. make sure your not standing it front because the water shoots out about 2-3m high.
if your heater sucks i recommend doing this, takes all of 20 mins and now my heater works great.
just trying to get my new 86 ready for the classic japanese show on the 20th really, giving it a good clean etc. got a massive stone chip about the size of a 10 cent coin today in my brand new windscreen, bit annoying but ehh... what can you do, shit happends
so what did you do on your ae/ke today?