Thread: What did you do on your ae/ke today thread

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default What did you do on your ae/ke today thread

today finally got round to replacing my thermo fan switch, flushed out my heater core too. my heater would barely demist the windscreen before, searched online and found a guys post from canada talking about the poor performance of his 86 heater and how he fixed it.
    my red 86 had a great heater and my new white 86 one sucked so i knew how efficient it should have been, i popped off both the inlet and outlet pipes leading to the core on the firewall side and got my garden hose out first off just flushing it out, fair amount of 28 year old poo coming out from the core from both pipes. I kinked the garden hose with my hand and let it build pressure and then released it and the amount of crap coming out of the core was incredible. make sure your not standing it front because the water shoots out about 2-3m high.
    if your heater sucks i recommend doing this, takes all of 20 mins and now my heater works great.
    just trying to get my new 86 ready for the classic japanese show on the 20th really, giving it a good clean etc. got a massive stone chip about the size of a 10 cent coin today in my brand new windscreen, bit annoying but ehh... what can you do, shit happends
    so what did you do on your ae/ke today?

Name
    Kurt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I kicked mine, yelled at it and threw a few stones at it because it's a piece of shit that won't run.

Name
    Ben
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Sounds like a good result Geoff! In preparation for All Japan Day I polished up the chrome work on the ke70. Began with the trims around the windscreen, then the ones above the doors which run down the a pillars and then the chrome wheel trims and centre caps. Then I began doing the brass heater fittings and pipes, along with the airfilter clips (also chrome) and coil all came up like new. Then with some carby cleaner I sprayed some of the fiddly little vac valves on the air filter assembly which were a tad dirty and lastly polished the airfilter housing so it matches all the other shiny fittings and components. Lastly Ill spray a little tyre shine in the bay to give it a lush factory look. Next is the removal of the guard indicators so I can polish the lenses and also the pair on the front bumperbar.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

sounds good ben,looking forward to seeing it at the show. man i'd love to get some good rims to set off my car, doubt that will happen this week. would've liked to get a jdm intake on there too but cant find one in my price range

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

whats happening to it?

Name
    Ron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

After taking my kelpie to herding school I got him to help me slap on some vertex side skirts and rear bar. It was getting dark so I rushed it and it turned out pretty rough. I still love it though. So tough.

Name
    Nam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This weekend i sorted out putting my front zenki lip to my kouki trueno. Big ups to Dan.91 for all the help and spraying the front bar/lip. Pretty much custom brackets were needed to be made up to make this lip fit on. Bough a couple L bend metal plates from Bunnings and it was then bent into C shapes =P Lip was fitted on and now it looks awesome. Also swapped over my eyelids and indicators to some newer ones.

Lip flipped upside down showing the brackets:

Final result:

Next plans before the Jap Meet would be custom fitting these AE82 number plate tail lights for my redlines...mock fitment looks pretty good

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

did the lip reach both ends of the bumper ok? i was tugging on mine like all hell and still few cm off

Name
    Jason
    State
    Melbourne
    Country
    Australia

Its not an AE or KE, but i went to pick my corona up from the RWC place after being told the check was done, when i got there i was told my rona was to big a peice of shit and the didnt finish checking it. I cant belive these guys some of the things they have listed are rubbish. Owell i told then to finish checking and to let me decide if it is worth spending the cash or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    James
    State
    ViC
    Country
    Australia

My alternator died yesterday and now at the wreckers getting one for $40 to change it over

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast