Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

have you got cambertops developed?

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yes they have cambertops.

Just had a 2000kms trip and these are indeed awesome, so smooth as they go about their business.

Many more tweaks to find the sweet spot, although i feel i could have 2 or 3 settings for any occasion. So hard to choose.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 10th December 2012 at 09:09 PM.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

For GT86 Dan everything is finished as far as development goes. We're just waiting on manufacturing

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

eta on getting my hands on some of these?

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	224809_4450638897953_1076010027_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	27881

Name
    Brenton
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Finally got my set in with stub axles, I was highly impressed with the build quality and whole package! I havent driven the car yet as the next drift event is in Feb. What settings do you guys use? Are they good straight out of the box? The car being used for drift, also which direction for which change? eg. clockwise for softer? The only thing I can fault is that there is no sort of 'instruction manual' to say this.

Sorry about all the idiotic questions, still pretty new to this

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

SOrry Brenton this is something we do really need to work on. Clockwise makes them firmer, start at full soft and have a play, you can really change the balance of the car with the adjustment, i personally leave the front at full soft with a couple of clicks up in the rear to promote better turn in but it's all up to the person. Make sure when installing there is no spring preload, front and rear. with the rears due to th panhard the rear dampers are setup at slightly different lengths, install the rear setup and then wind the shocks out until the spring is just captive. This is so the damper can sit as deep into its stroke as possible. As far as heights go for a tasteful loweringstart the rear spring seat adjuster at half way with the front set at 570mm from the top of the mount to the bottom of the stub axle. We've found that to be the best starting point.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I bought a kit for my KE70 panelvan late last year and got around to installing them a few weeks ago. The fronts are amazing, good turn in feel and soft enough for daily driving (what the car is used for). With the adjusters clockwise all the way up to full firm setting it takes out so much body roll it's rediculous, it's like adding a big swaybar at the turn of a dial. Brett and Chris chose what they called a "guess code" for the rear and it was so close to perfect it's not funny. Looking forward to getting it back from tuning soon to see if they could have possibly improved it further (I'm after comfort as it's a daily). Being a dirty leaf sprung small commercial vehicle it was never meant to be an amazing handling machine, but it now is.

Name
    Ced
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

First off, I'd like to thank both Bret & Chris at Shockworks for developing such an awesome package, allowing me to visit their workshop, and answering all the questions I threw at them.
    Sorry for this long overdue feedback/review, I should have put this up sooner.
    Also a big thankyou to DoveGrey for introducing me to the shocks in the first place, riding shotgun in his ae86 (his car's so fresh & so clean clean).

I will attempt to breakdown the different aspects of the kit below.

Shock Design
    I have never seen such a thick shock strut for an AE86 before. Made me think I purchased coilovers for another car. The thicker struts allow for a larger surface area piston inside compared to other kits on the market, which in turn allows it to handle alot more loads. The piston design is also unique, which allows the shock to move more naturally (other pistons are usually just a flat disc, while Shockworks use a different shape).
    The inverted shocks at the front will also help with unsprung weight, keeping heat away from the oil (heat dissipation from brakes), and will resist lateral loads better.

Spring Rates
    The spring rates are softer compared to other kits, with 6kg front / 4 kg rear. The softer rates handle irregularities in the road alot better, and stop your chassis 'crashing' against things like suprise potholes, unpainted speedhumps, etc. This means the suspension is doing the shock absorbtion instead of the 30+year old chassis. But don't be fooled, these rates are plenty stiff for laps at the track.

Handling
    Mind blowing. How can you have comfort AND increased handling at the same time? I was running the GReddy Type S kit previously, which was an awesome piece of kit. However, if a corner surface was irregular, or there was a variation in height, you could feel the tyres skip, and the car getting twitchy. When this happened, it was hard for me to find the limit of adhesion because the feedback I was getting was irregular. It was really more at home on the track.
    With Shockworks, you can take the corner in one fluid motion. I'd say the action is more 'mature' in a sense. The behaviour of the car is alot more predictive, because the feedback is constant allowing you to know exactly where you are in terms of tyre grip, over & understeer. Speaking of grip, there's too much of it! Seriously, where'd all this extra grip come from? It feels like I'm rotating the Earth with my wheels (which technically I am from a physics standpoint, but you get what I mean). Don't need a watts link to get that IRS feeling, just a set from Shockworks!

I don't think there's a better set of coilovers out there for both street & track use, especially for Australian roads.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thanks so much mate, it really does make the job so much better to get such feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast