Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2AZ powered 86

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

So I split the Bigport n t50 apart to investigate whether things were rebuilt like the seller claimed or not. Once you look past the ten years worth of dust from sitting, the thing is actually rebuilt. I could see a new head gasket, clean oil (as in never driven on), new oil pump gasket, freshly sealed sump, new welsh plugs, I removed the top cover and saw that the shims and buckets were immaculately clean and the cam lobes have assembly grease on them. Its definitely rebuilt!

The one shit thing is that they installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge and when they screwed the brass sender in they over tightened it and cracked the raised mounting bit where it threads in. However when It was removed the broken bits fell out and revealed plenty of thread to screw it into anyhow, so I dont think it will affect anything at all.

On top of all this, the clutch was some heavy duty repco unit with a yellow pressure plate, and its also brand new and never driven on. Thank fuck I had a look before starting it, as there was a huge ball of grease sitting on the input shaft as if they over greased it to shit! If it had ever spun it would have flung out onto the friction surface and ruined it most likely, so a good catch there.

All in all, between the suspension and the engine package, this car is fucking great! Im going to keep the motor and put it in a car some day, since I probably never will bother to rebuild a 16v unless its to learn about them, so it will be nice just to hold on to. Plus I drove Rians rebuilt one the other day and I was quite impressed by its manners and performance.

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

fuk yeah moving along nicely Matt... always enjoy reading the updates
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

wtf on the oil pressure outlet... can't believe it would run a clear plastic line either!

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I space my steering column down too haha, 10mm packers to get it where I want it

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cheers guys.

Motor and box dropping in today.

Also just boght a rusty mark 2 rona with no motor or box to get a full kit of spares for the diff.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Another mad as fuck day of progress.

Motor dropped in. Fits like a glove, and I do mean a glove. My tunnel mods are awesome! Right first time. Have all the right clearances around the steering. The slave and the starter are perfect where they are. I looked into a different slave cylinder but no need, same with the starter.

Had to make a slight adjustment to the gearbox cross member with the die grinder to make one of the holes work, but that allowed me to move the gearbox tail to the left about 4 mm which enhanced steering clearance. Even with the motor in motion it should be sweet. Bolted on the trumpets and the throttles to see how it all looks. I think My Dmax bonnet wont cut it. I'm going to have to find a steel one and modify it as I need some serious bulging done. Its going to be a bit wild. One close clearance is the 4th trumpet is right next to but not touching the lid of the clutch master, however I can fit a remote reservoir against the bulkhead to make it tidier anyhow.

I also made a little plate to close off the bulk of where the starter is cut into the block,its pretty neat actually. It really pays to have a 10 inch disc sander to round things off.

I need to turn my attention to the fuel and cooling systems, then make an idle control system with a small air manifold to share it around.

Also collected my diff bushing adapters so I can bolt the F series in tight!

Name
    Seth
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm guessing you're aware of being able to remove the plastic reservoir from the clutch master and putting a dash fitting straight in?

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Wow that has some serious lean. Is there a reason for that? It is it similar to factory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If you read the thread Ive talked about the lean. It harks back to the ke70 with the slanted K, I kinda like it.

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Rad mate, I love this creation your building, its gonna be awesome.... if you need a hand over a weekend at some stage just hit me up..
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast