Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2AZ powered 86

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Lookin gooood, motor sits good imo, I'd run the dmax bonet for awsomeness and cut it to suit

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I think It might be an issue because the raised area is not wide enough to let me use a full length inlet with the big trumpets. I have shorter T3 trumpets, the ones pictured are samq custom ones that i think id prefer to run, but it might depend on what runs better for peak power.

Niz, cheers mate, I may just take you up on that...

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Who sells the dmax bonnet here in oz cant find a dealer

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Good luck finding one, I've only ever found two come up for sale, missed out on the first amd got the second maaad cheap because it was a business liquidation

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I have one that I found on ebay from a gentleman who had a garage full of them. Probably 2 years ago.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I was probably bidding against you then lol

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hahah, maybe. Funny thing was, I went there, and he wanted less for it than I bid because I pulled out cash instead of paying electronically via ebay. Kinda weird. It might be a second, but I dgaf since I'm hacking up whatever I use.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah exactly, and with the trumpets please stay with the samq items, I have had both samq and t3 over the years and the samq trumpets are far superior in quality

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Had a look at how to mount the aw11 radiator, I'm going to make a bracket that holds both lower bushings and blocks the air off from going around it. Most likely just angled steel with 2 holes for the bushings and some foam to seal it off. I need to mount the filler bottle for the cooling system. I think on the right side strut tower would be best.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Made a new hard clutch line, and planned out all the coolant hoses. Went and bought a couple of hoses from Repco that should suit. I also removed the clutch reservoir and looked at what i need to fit it. Need to find a few banjo bolts so I can do the remote clutch reservoir, the heater connections, and the remote coolant filler reservoir. Waiting on a new clutch slave to come in the mail, then I can connect up the clutch line. I need a 90 degree fitting to connect the rubber line, or I will make myself a small bend from the hard line and install that to turn it around. It points right at the steering. Might be better with the new slave, Ill have to wait and see. Pipe cutter completely shit itself today, so i need a new one.

I also designed the aw11 radiator lower bracket that I need to make, and the top brackets to bolt it in with. They will be similar top brackets to ae86 but not inline with the ae86 threads in the radiator support. Will do an L shaped top bracket. I might just spot weld a couple of bolts under the cross brace to hold the ae86 brackets so its neat. Also need to work out some sort of thermo fan system. Might have to be completely custom. I only have about 95mm of clearance.

I found a sneaky spot for the adjustable fuel regulator under the third and fourth throttles. Mad a neat little steel bracket for it. I also fitted the aem fuel rail and am waiting on the banjo bolt fitting for the reg end to come in the mail. Its cool, it actually lets you retain the pressure dampener for the fuel rail.

One thing I'm a little stuck on is the vacuum sharing idle control manifold. There are a lot around for sale but I dont know how equally they share air. I might end up making a small chamber and fitting 4 barbs in one end and the idle control connection in the other to make them all equal distance from the air inlet.

Found some black Goodridge braided lines for the front brakes in the cupboard, brand new left over from the old car. Will have to flush all the brake lines out and clean the ends and connect it all up and get it bled. Not sure if the m.c. is any good, but there's only one way to find out. I have got some ae86 wheel cylinders new to fit in the mx13 rear end. They should bolt right in and convert the hydraulics to work with the ae86 mc.

Put the alternator on it and tensioned the belt. Works a treat. Also gives a more complete picture of the space available for the exhaust.

So I need to finish connecting fuel, coolant, clutch, and brakes at the front end, then put the fuel tank in, fix the rear brakes up, fit the fuel system, then the body wiring, and I can think about wiring the engine and getting it running.

On the ugly side of things I found a decent rust hole under the drivers feet. AE86 has a double skin there where ke70 has a single skin. The lower sheet metal under the drivers foot well is rotted out. All the structure around it seems healthy enough, but the sheet metal will have to be changed. Could be a job for when its having the boot floor fixed before paint. There's also a couple of snapped bolts broken off in the lower sills.

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast