Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2AZ powered 86

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sweet hope you enjoyed the read.
    Driving well. I love this car. Needs tuning, IM probably going to see another tuner soon.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Been doing a lot more logging and adjustments, getting it running cleaner, got the vvti feeling good and I am really enjoying it now. Some people just stare at it when youre out driving it its kind of off putting.

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Pretty sure I saw this near my place just before, parked up next to the park. Doing some more data logging? Looked like you were checking something in-cabin.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah twas me, I got the ae101 manual the other day from Sam Qs' website and re synced the throttles as they were a bit out. Since then with the butterflies closing fully its been needing idle adjustment. I was playing with the tps to find the sweet spot and I've opened the idle up about 5 points now from where it was, which is quite a difference in airflow that used to come irregularly past the butterflies.

What were you doing when you spotted me? Were you out driving or did I park near yours?

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Excellent, good to hear you're still out and getting this beast tuned!

I was actually on the way home and I first saw your front and and thought it was an older civic from a distance. Then I noticed the bonnet bulge and realised that it was an AE86, one that I'd seen before, but not in real life! Hahaha.

It looks pretty un-assuming apart from the bonnet really. Good pictures of the car on a fun looking road too.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha cheers.

yes I'm glad the bonnet is black for sure its hard to see detail in most light unless broad daylight.

Hills photos are up Nebo of course. The hills district is good. Took a hike up a pinnacle to take the high shot and found some 1970s era XXXX pull top stubbie bottles.

Its been getting some varying attention lately, with some odd approaches from people. One guy approached all creepy at the shops and asked me "What's it got in it?" I prefer to say at least hello and meet someone before entering their midstream mental dialogue they call conversation so I smiled and said nothing. Not to be a shrinking violet; he said "4age?" I nodded yes. and drove away. He seemed to believe his assessment. Another guy saw me pulled up with bonnet up making adjustments and nicely pulled up to see if I needed help, and just said oh great car when he saw the motor, smiled and spun around and left. I get lots of thumbs up and waves from guys in Hiluxes it seems, and this fat chick literally snickered and rolled her eyes as she crossed in front of it the other day in the valley. Lucky I'm married this is a pussy repelling car but dudes love it, haha. Its just symbolic of me not caring much about the superficial aspects of 30 plus year old shitters, If I could make it just a show piece for mechanical art then that would be all I really crave.

I'm off to drags soon to see if I can set a better ET. Since running 15.1 in peak summer I've fitted grippier tyres, lighter rims, softer rear springs, done a lot of tuning and got the vvti operating well. I haven't added any weight to speak of except a few wires and a second fan. If they will let me I will run without a bonnet and keep the air cool that way, but i dont think they will allow that. I might go all out and remove the passenger seat and the trim panels to save another 15 kgs or so. I also have a headlight thats been hollowed into a funnel that i could fit to the car to do the runs with if I wanna get crazy. I need a support vehicle.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I realised the reason it was hard to put a fuel hose on the rail was that I needed to use a quick release fitting.

Much neater I think.

Polished things a bit and sent the yellow jacket coils back, had a faulty one. have already received replacements that arent yellow funnily enough. They look more like OEM units in colour.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Today Im beginning to lay fibreglass on my airbox. Ive made a foam blank, its as big as I can make it, been plastering it up and smoothing it out all week, I did mods to add a lot of volume around the booster, the lower edge and the inner side below the itbs. Ive got the alloy plate I need to adapt it to the motor machined, and its all systems go.

Ive just purchased the 5 inch inlet k and N pod filter I need and the 5 inch silicon hose from ebay.

I just gotta lay it up as soon as the last plaster touch ups dry.

I went for a 5 inch inlet that immediately expands to 6 inches as it recedes inside the box. Im looking to get maximum air in there with minimum turbulence.

Once the box is done Ill make another small enclosure to go around the pod that seals it up to the headlight hole and then its going to be cool air for the motor at all times instead of up to 65 degree inlet air.

Basic foam shape with the funnel taped on. Funnel came with a rangehood I once fitted.

The space it fits.

Mount plate installed

Plastered up with spaka filler and household top coat.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast