Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tips for removing burnouts off concrete

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Update will come...... Shit is stirring....... Stay tuned....

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Lol, don't just have to clean it then?
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, Haven't actually formally been asked yet, I am the Night dispatch manager in a private food distribution warehouse. The owner/my superior finishes before I get there. It's a pretty big company.. But I am going in to work on Sunday to try to clean it anyway. I am going to try the brake cleaner in cans and a thick bristle broom.....

I have been offered insults and words of disgust by other managers, you know, "supposed to lead by example" gab, but way more happy faces and other men who loved it, but were just pissed off they couldn't see it
    Although, some of the drivers and other managers have seen the CCTV footage. Everyone is hating me right now

I have written a letter for him, better to stirke first I reckon, apology and such, mention of such cleaning.....

Name
    Mike
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Id imagine brake cleaner will dry up too fast

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

This is truly an epic thread.

Many lols have been had

Name
    David
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

P.S. You're getting a written warning!!!

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thats probably not the best thing to do in your position but, our service adviser at night (only one out the front in the office after 9pm) gets stoned and the service manager has been told twice about it and still has done nothing.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Says who.

Almost came to blows with another employee (or two) on the topic.... Now I am getting pissed off......

Burnouts/cars are very much an opinionated topic. Very much so a generational thing. You have a few older conservative types, that think that burnouts are somehow a devils act, 'Oh, how could he' etc..... Treat you as if you just raped their child....???
    When really, they are just too sour and stuck in their ways to accept anything differant. Just cause it's not something THEY would do, sure, it's not something THEY would enjoy, but others do get enjoyment from such things. The way I see it, I haven't hurt anyone, Put no-one in danger, I put smiles on many peoples faces, and entertained many men...... Only by-product are a few marks of rubber on some concrete in a warehouse yard in an industrial area...... It's not as if I did it at an art gallery or doctors centre.....

But, Bottom line is, If the owner wants it gone, then I need to make it be gone....... I respect that......
    But, tension between me and the other manager muppets is getting pretty red hot......

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ah I see I would not object it at all myself I would be all for it haha.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just take it easy with them mate. Act like it's no biggie, you should be fine.

I almost lost my job when I purchased my turbo skyline (I'm on my P's btw). Turns out my employer had a stint against P-Platers (or young people in general) and I walked straight into an ambush on the topic when he called a meeting about my car choice.

Long story short, I was sitting there with a very opinionated, very loud, very strong-voiced person who was ranting and raving about how dangerous my car was and all this crud. All i did was sit there, take all the crap he gave me, agreed with parts like "p-platers can't handle these cars" (in which I responded with phrases like "Yes, P-Platers are generally pretty inexperienced"), and just left him to rant.

Likewise with the people you're copping crap from; keep it simple with them. Agree that it wastes your tyres (note that i said "it wastes", not "it's a waste of" ), and things like that. Avoid them for a while, keep conversation strictly business, and ease your way back into casual convo, avoiding the topic of cars.
    As long as you keep a professional-ish image to youself, it'll generally make the others look like whining babies.

edit: also, if i owned a workshop, and one of my employees ripped a fucking awesome skid in the drive way, I'd take heaps of pics and tell people we were stress testing a product or some other bullshit excuse.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast