Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tips for removing burnouts off concrete

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

A burnout on a skid pan is awesome, a burnout on some ones property, that they pay for and maintain is no better or worse than graffiti.
    What if I was at your house and just did graffiti all over your fence? You wouldn't like it too much but then I would say hey I like doing it, it's a generation thing.
    Sure it's not something you would do, but others get such enjoyment right?

A burnout can in fact get out of hand and it has happened before where people have been hurt. To say you did it safely is like saying I was shooting a gun in the streets but I did it safely.
    Flame on me all you want, this thread was pretty funny till you endorsed immature crap. I guess some people will never learn.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Settle down princess....

some of what you have said above, is correct, agreed. But also some of it (people getting hurt/guns in streets) is just dumb and unrealistic...... You sound like the other muppets....

Endorsed immature crap? See this is what i am talking about. What makes a burnout imature (in certain situations)? The generational thing comes into play here.....
    Controlled environment, industrial area, safe vehicle....... Not really that immature..

Now doing it on a busy shopping street, at a pedestrian crossing, in a shitty old unroadworthy VL commonwhore, yes, that is immature, dumb and unsafe......

Anyway, this is getting off topic. I didn't start this thread to argue with muppets and to pick at the 'rights and wrongs' of burnouts, But more on how to clean them....

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Apart from a high pressure cleaner there is no "easy" way to get melted rubber off cement, at least not without using harsh acids which would also eat into the concrete.
    Even a high pressure cleaner with solvents is still a chore.
    It's not a generation thing, doing a burnout has been around for a very long time and I don't see it going away in the near future.
    I've had my pick on you but tell me this, what exactly is fun about a burnout?

Name
    Kurt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Why exactly is fun about knitting? People other than myself seem to enjoy it though. I could say the same about anything, anyone, finds fun.

You can't compare graffiti and a burnout, the OP is going to clean the patches, no graffiti artists clean their work so there's a fair difference.

Obviously you jumped to defend your argument and didn't really think it through.
    Last edited by KurtHS; 15th February 2012 at 08:55 PM.

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

shooting a gun on the streets? Jesus getting a bit melodramatic there are we? how about we wander off the set of days of our lives, climb all the way down off our high horses and take a look at the facts? Doing a burnout is not and never will be the same as shooting a gun on the streets. This is a forums dedicated to a car made famous by drifting which is pretty much a slightly less repetitive burnout. This leads me to believe that pretty much everyone on here loves a skid. Which basically means if you don't like them your in the wrong place.

Edit: just noticed your name is twinky which leads me to believe your into the old FWD which means your probably suffering from a little case of burnout envy so I'll forgive you
    Last edited by Cerby86; 15th February 2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Mike
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

no reason FWD cant rip a mad skid

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

What you think cars can't kill? Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that it won't.
    The only reason he is removing it is because he has the blame already on him, not because he wants to.
    Yes I do like drift, but anything on the street and i think that you are a total knob.

So with all this defence are you guys saying you do condone skids on the streets?
    I haven't said anything against them I know they are fun for some people but my gripe is with people who do it recklessly on the streets.

Oh and cerbry I don't envy skids because I have RWD! Although it is kinda slow. Boost is on it's way.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Dont know

a) why people can say a bad word against burnouts - they always have been sick and always will be sick. There comes a time when a man has children they suddenly forget every skid they ever did and think its ok to call the cops/preach about how silly skids are.

b) why there is political correctness in this thread

c) why has this thread gone 7 pages - call a graffiti removal company, pay the money and be and be done with it

Props on the skid btw, should be more of it on here!
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

ringies are only good going forwards
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Oh boy.......
    1. Ok, you have obviously missed almost the whole thread. You say that I am cleaning it because them 'blame' is on me, not cause I want to. ?????? From the beginning of the thread and the reason I started it, WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO CLEAN IT..... Nothing to do with said 'blame' or anything else, just honest regret. I dont see how 'blame' is involved........ I did it. I did it knowingly in front of cameras (hey, I even installed the cameras there recently), It was clearly obvious, I didn't deny it.......... Where is 'blame' involved in any of that?

2.Think cars cant kill? Have you know that my best mate was killed (murdered) by a crazed driver in Sydney 3 years ago. Also my Grandfather was killed by a drink driver 10 years ago......

3. You like drift.. Yeah cool. I do too. What a highly skilled vehicle sport it is.... Did you know that nearly all drifters and pro drifters would start learning their skills on the street. There are a couple of drifters on this forum I think

4. Skids on on streets - When have I asked about any 'street'???? My question is about removing burnout from CONCRETE inside my work property, behind a gateline. It was on private property, quite industrial area, 9ft fence around whole property, I am the one who carries keys and closes down the business and the end of day, so I know where everyone else was, which was 20m away on the outside of the property...... How is a burnout in this circumstance reckless? It is a manouver that is very slow, and well, low risk, it was a strong and well built track car

I will leave it there... This is already way off track......

Yo Lawson, I will get some more pics before and after I clean it off. I am gonna hit it with a 4000psi pressure washer this weekend....

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast