Thread: wheel weights fulling off...

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default wheel weights fulling off...

I got tires fitted to my hurricanes a couple of weeks ago, they used the stick on weights. I have had them fall off 3 times now, once when i got them home out of the car again with a different wheel when i was putting the wheel on the car. So i toke them back down to Bob Jane on separate occasions and they have re balanced them for free every time. But i moved my car back and forth only about a meter and the wheel weights from one of the wheels where on the ground. i don't know if its front or back but should i take it back to Bob Jane or go else where or what? are Bob Jane doing some thing wrong? if they are falling off with out any real force on them i would hate to see it at speed? any help would be great guys

Name
    Peter
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Firstly, check that the weights aren't fouling on anything (brake caliper). If they are all clear, and you are still having issues, you can put some old fashioned cloth gaffa tape over the weights. That shit sticks to everything!! You prob only want about 20mm tape all around the weight on the surface of the wheel. And make sure the alloy is clean, coz if it aint, nothing is gonna stick to it!! I saw some Oldschool Group N race guys do this years ago and i asked why, they said to make sure the weights dont fall off. But as i said, make sure the alloy is clean before you try to stick anything to it, and make sure they clear everything once they are fitted. Pretty simple stuff, but can be overlooked in the haste of wanting to get the car back on the road. Good luck!!

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the help another trip to bob Jane then.