Thread: J-Blood FRP hatch with moulded ducktail and moulded polycarbonate window

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default J-Blood FRP hatch with moulded ducktail and moulded polycarbonate window

I have for sale the cream-of-the-crop of Japanese FRP parts - a J-Blood FRP hatch with moulded ducktail and moulded polycarbonate window.
    As the window is moulded, it means that it actually has the same contour as glass, unlike what most other people do, which is just slap a slab of polycarbonate on it.

The whole hatch including mounting hinges weighs just over 8kg according to my bathroom scales, which is a substantial saving over the stock hatch.

The only problem is, the polycarbonate has a crack in it, as the stupid courier dropped another box on it. The crack is approximately 15cm in length, however, it can be repaired. I have spoken to a few of my mates who sail, and they said that when they crack windows on there boats, they inject methylene chloride into the crack, as regular ashesives will not work, and often for added protection (and piece of mind) will then tint the window to add some additional rigidity to it. For those who dont know, methylene chloride can be purchased from Bunnings in small quantities for about $10.

The reason i am selling this, is because i have just purchased myself a Levin Coupe track car, as i want to keep my Trueno as clean and original in appearance (i.e. all steel panels) as possible, so i no longer have any need for this.
    Due to the crack in the window, i am only chasing $450 for the hatch - much less than i paid for it, and much cheaper than you will find elsewhere. Item is pick up only from Wollongong, NSW (about an hour south of Sydney)

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im interested in a T50 (preferably JDM), AE86 radiator, crossmember with manual steering rack, levin front guards and bonnet, or used coilovers. Let me know what you have laying around
    Last edited by sotiros86; 19th April 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Name
    David
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'll take it.
    You have a pm.

Name
    Mitch
    State
    QLD