Name
    Craig
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Default 86 Fuel system and other questions

Hey guys,

Firstly, I have a AE86 "repair manual"... but it seems to miss a fair few things that you would expect to find in a "workshop manual".
    So does anyone know if there is infact a complete workshop manual or something for this car that would include engine specific info and loom layout etc (the repair manual has wiring diagrams etc, but in a Nissan workshop manual they have loom layouts, engine specific info and even have illustrations showing where all components in the car are located (such as fuel pumps, filters, line locations etc etc).

Ok, so it seems there's no listing for an AE86 fuel filter in any of the books at the auto stores.
    And with not being able to see where the factory fuel filter is located (we both the car as a bare shell), I don't know how it mounts or how the lines are run to it.
    ***YES I HAVE DONE A SEARCH***

While I was in the auto stores, I found the an AE92 was listed with a 4AGE EFI and used a ryco fuel filter "Z354". Would this be the one to use? It has fittings attach it to the firewall or strut tower where ever it goes.

***NOTE: People with a sprinter that uses a "Z478" fuel filter don't pay $60+ for it, pay $30 for a Z354, they are identical except for 15-20degrees on the bottom attachment. (Unless i'm mistaken and that difference is a big problem).

Does anyone have any pics of where the fuel filter is mounted and where the 3 fuel lines are meant to run to?

I was given "JDM" lines but they seem to be the same as ADM 4AC lines which are solid from the fuel tank to the front of the car. Being as the fuel pump is not mounted in the tank and the feed line runs to infront of the strut tower, would this suggest that the fuel pump is infact mounted on the drivers side of the engine bay infront of the strut tower?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and pictures are even better!

Cheers,
    Craig.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

my fuel filter is mounted where you say, infront of the drivers side strut tower.
    im about to find out if thats where they are normally when i fit a stock jdm airbox, if it clashes i'll know thats not where its ment to be, ask jimmee1990 he has a jdm notchback thats stock
    jdm fuel tanks have the pump mounted in the tank with a solid line running to the front of the car leading up to the filter before going to the fuel rail i believe, 4ac's have a mechanical fuel pump that operates via the cam
    Last edited by dove grey 64; 6th May 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Name
    Craig
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Ah yeah... after some thought, I may as well just use a normal barb type filter and I'll cut the lines to length and mount the fuel pump at the rear under the car.

I forgot to ask about carbon canisters! Where are the normally mounted and where are the lines run to typically on a 4AGE?