Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Do tell what these are for...

Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Its a bearing to all allow smooth twisting of the shocks with in the camber plates or top hat, arent they?

If so the then better then a Teflon collar or what ever is being used these days.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 26th October 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

From what I remember when I was around there, it's a sealed bearing underneath the top hat to allow the rotation and stop any dirt/road grime from getting into the top mount? Not 100% and Chris will correct me if i've stuffed up though.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

yeah pretty much on the money, allows the spring to rotate with the camber top and a whole lot of other technical stuff which is better..=)
    im getting these on sunday i believe, will post up more info when i know it

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

did not get them fitted yet but from what i gathered by localising the spring this will improve steering feel and will also be great for drifters as your wheels will re center much more naturally. another benefit is the added height of the tops will bring the strut down further so the adjusting knobs are closer and easier to reach.
    saw the stub axle in the flesh too and quality is equal/better then oem (im no engineer but they look spot on)

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Any word on when peoples orders will be in? Gotta be close if they've got some stubs there now.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

They have either left Korea or are leaving very soon..
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Sorry guys for not getting on here much, time really isn't on my side. Haven't been able to speak to dad too much in the last couple of weeks. I'll try and speak to him in the next couple of days about exact timing, once again massive apologies for the delays, if i'd have known it would have taken so long i would have held off on the deposits, you all have my word i will have them to your doors the minute i have them in my hands. If this is any consolation i just got a message from Keith on here with some feedback, i hope this can make you guys that little more excited.

Quote:
    I was a skeptic of all overseas offerings of coilovers till I heard about the Shockworks ones being developed over here.
    After exhaustive research on a lot of Toyota forums and feedback from other people on what was available and their pro's and con's I spoke to Brett and Chris at Shockworks.
    After talking to them both I was convinced that a locally designed and tested product was the way to go for me.
    After receiving the Shockworks coilovers I was impressed with the overall build quality and design. I was not prepared for how good they really are.
    I live in an area where road quality is below standard and has the potential to destroy wheels and suspension on a daily basis.
    After fitting my Shockworks coilovers and setting them up to my preferences I went for a drive.
    I couldnt wipe the grin from my face as I put them through their paces. The overall handling of my AE86 had been transformed to the point I didnt even release it was the same car.
    The initial turn in was nice and direct with good feedback through the wheel. The weight of the steering had not been affected but the turn in was much easier and more confident.
    The car stayed planted and stable through the corners and the ride felt more compliant through the rougher stuff that is common in this area.
    Braking was greatly improved requiring less effort as my front tyres were actually made to work to how they were designed.
    All in all I couldnt recommend these coilovers enough to people who have been waiting to fit some to their AE86 and even to the point I would tell them to sell of their old coilovers and go out and buy some Shockworks ones.
    That is how good they are.
    If you dont believe me read the Wheels Magazine article which compares the AE86 to the new 86.
    Get on the AE86DC forum and read the Shockworks thread and read what D1 Davey has to say about them.
    I can only point you in the right direction much like what these coilovers did for me and my AE86.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

From facebook

"OK Guy's, The ship with the AE86 dampers has an ETA of November 16th. I should have them mid following week and will despacth to all the customers who left their deposit or paid in full. We now have the option of the RCA's now so let me know if you want this included. Cost is $160 a set."

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for that Steve. I'll be back in town on the 16th so will be going back to the regular posts from then.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast