Thread: Custom T50 Bellhousing to W series gearbox adaptor plate + spigot bearing spacer + extras. $200.

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Custom T50 Bellhousing to W series gearbox adaptor plate + spigot bearing spacer + extras. $200.

For sale here is a custom made 20mm adaptor plate made to fit a W series gearbox to a t50 bellhousing and a custom made spigot bearing spacer to match. I'm also including a few odds and ends like a T50 bellhousing, clutch fork, spigot bearing and studs.

I bought these years ago but never used them. Previous owner had them made up by an engineer for a gze setup in a sprinter but never used them past a test fit. Bought it too long ago to remember much past that, I have no idea who made it. While this isn't all the fab work needed to fit a W series gbox in a sprinter, keto etc. (gbox crossmember & a spacer added to the thrust bearing carrier) it's almost all of the hard work done and puts the conversion within reach of the backyarder.

I'm asking $200 firm (plus shipping) which is an absolute steal- unless you know how to drive a mill, lathe and want all the mess around you will not be able to make this gear for less. I'm located near Lismore NSW. PM to contact.

You can find a great writeup of a similar setup here:

Pictures:

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Great price Matt.

There is currently a W58 for sale on toymods which would be perfect for this.
    Its got the 'front' mount shifter, which when combined with an adaptor plate, places the shifter in the factory location in an 86.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

out of interest, how far further back does the input shaft sit on the clutch plate? is there still sufficient spline surface going into the plate?

i guess it will be 20mm?

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the heads up on that!

I haven't fitted the plate myself so I can't say from experience but common sense says 20mm. The thread I linked above and reading about similar 20mm setups on toymods says there should be more than enough meat on the input shaft splines.

Anyway seems to be sold pending payment guys, cheers for the interest. If anything changes I'll update the thread.

EDIT: Sold!
    Last edited by lowdownstyle; 21st May 2012 at 09:52 PM.