Thread: '90 s13.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default '90 s13.

Right so...I'm not really sure as to why I've never joined this website, always thought about it but never got around to it. Bit of spare time, thought I'd throw my nugget here.

SO basically wanted one of these for years and years, finally got lucky and managed to get one by swapping my old car. Was haggard as, but I was stoked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6256339301_5704945105.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	26036

Unrego/un roadworthy and needed some tlc! So I spent some money and some time and got it on the road! Was stock standard when I got it, besides manual conversion. Drove it for 3 months then lost my license. So it sat, and I thought i better start getting to work.

First thing was coilovers and diff..nothing special, HSD coilovers, and shimmed R200.

That was about it for a while, besides a few little bits and bobs, got my license back and was enjoying it! Anyway then after a little while I was made aware of some wheels for sale, they were super rad, in decent sizes so i snapped them up!

So that was how it stayed, wheels are enkei 92's if anyone was wondering! I was basically stoked, loved how it looked, loved how it drove! But had an issue with the ca18 under the bonnet, most unliked part of the car! So i saved hard and bought this from SSS automotive in sydney..

s15 autech motor! Was stoked on it. It was missing a couple of little bits, but nothing I couldn't find at friends workshop!

So after a few weekends of finding bits, putting them on etc etc, I was ready for conversion! So I got a couple of mates keen and we headed upto the workshop friday night to get cracking!

thats the kind of finished engine bay, got some awesome dude who came and wired it all up, because well..wiring sucks. And he was AMAZING. best dude.

Basically ended up as

s15 autech sr20de
    HKS 256 cams
    HKS exhaust cam gear (I'm not sure if these are standard autech items, anyone know?)
    Nismo engine mounts/gearbox mount.
    Jim Berry race clutch
    Random extractors cause it didnt come with autech ones
    Walbro fuel pump
    High flow cat, 2.5 exhaust

I think thats it, anyways so I drove it around for a week and we intended to get it on a dyno just to make sure everything was okay etc...then discovered it was blowing a fair bit of smoke, figured it was probably piston rings..sent it to a friend of a friends workshop to get done..(SSS were really cool about it, paid for parts and some labour!) then when it came apart pistons were shagged, and because I'm poor, and friends had them around we're putting in some sr20ve pistons, (slightly lower compression) And basically see how it goes haha! Should have the car back this weekend. Oh as for driving it, I did a few friday night skid pan sessions before i went sr, plan to do as many events as possible when i get it back!

I just realised this is really long, and pretty pointless..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7124031151_0ea5da8bb8.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	26037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6977949168_268b2bd614.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	26038  

Name
    Davis
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

cool shit, keep it up mate!

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Looks pretty awesome with the 92's!
    I had a legit pair a few years ago. Never saw any other set until they re released them!

Name
    Declan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

cool

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Fully dont update this...Not much been happening. Getting some rear arms soon for proper rear alignment. Car is going back to dyno on thursday to see if mixtures are right. Hoping for the best, going to spectate at morning sessions and short tracks is slowly driving me insane! Cant wait to steer again!

Name
    Jay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

this is pretty sweet man. hope you get it running well soon, should be pretty fun with the new engine

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

keep it up mate, keep the updates coming
    I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
    Muhammad Ali

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Okay so, went to the dyno on Thursday night (drove a total of about 6 hours there and back haha) the car made 130hp at the wheels, the tune is still a tad lean in low rpm, but it's not so bad the car can't be drivers. Basically it's fine just don't load it up to hard below 5000rpm. So this is good news! Thinking about possibly driving qr on Friday night to see how I go. Also may getting some adjustable rear arms this afternoon!

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Enkei 92s look pretty cool on this!

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

95kw at the wheels.. Nice

I thought it would be more since the autech s15 is supposedly as fast as a ADM turbo s15 even if you don't have the complete autech s15 conversion.. 6speed and the autech diff ration will go a long way with this motor
    dose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast