Ok so i'm not sure how much of a build thread this will turn out to be as it will be less building and more preserving.

I picked up this one about a year ago and was planning to use it as a reshell for my track car (nice clean base with virtually no rust). Had 148,000km with full books, everything standard, including a/c (sort of still worked) and virtually unused 13" alloy (original tyre still had the coloured lines visible). The only problem with the car was the cracks in the dash, but appart from that it was as-new condition.

Couple of pics when I first picked it up.

Decided to get some new park lights as the old ones were faded and the chrome inside was comming off.

Then got some mint stocko's to bling it up a bit more.

Which then soon changed to some 15x6.5" +8 volk racing mesh, wrapped in re001's.

Decided to retire the 4ac at 150,000km service and drop in a bluetop bigport 4age. The engine was very dirty when I received it (no before shots), all the cam covers were corroded and paint flaking off. I gave the entire engine a reseal, fitted new gasket, new waterpump and housing, new rwd alternator bracket and new timing belt. Some pics of what it looked like before it went in.

I wired re-wired the engine bay with a jdm ae86 zenki 4age wiring harness and adapted it to the adm engine bay harness. I could have kept the adm wiring harness although due to some previous electrical work for the A/C (aftermarket a/c upgrade for new gas) the loom had been hacked up in places and key wiring colours had been changed (I also wanted to run ac on my 4age, so factory wiring would be needed). I kept the jdm engine bay loom relatively plug-in so that even if I upgraded the interior loom later down the track it would still work nicely. Since I am not one to take a lot of pics during engine swaps (done too many), below is a pic of the engine in.

So after I got it all running, I fitted a JDM washer bottle and new overflow tank, and TRD leads.

I then got the JDM 4age A/C setup fitted, retrofitted and gassed. A lot of the wiring inside had to be changed back to factory as the aftermarkt A/C fitted also changed switches, and the amplifying circuit. I therefore fitted adm a/c wiring components and wired them to the jdm engine bay loom. It worked well for 4weeks until the compressor let go and blew a front seal (probably due to the compressor comming off a track car). The compressor was replaced with another one (4ac compressors are the same, just different pulleys) and haven't had a problem since.

I bought a new OEM lip to fit zenki front bars. I bought another front bar to fit it to, and gave them a coat of black plastic trim paint.

Fitted it to the car along with kingsprings and kyb excel g shocks.

I decided to buy a flip grill with the actuator to utilise the automatic flipping part of the grill. I am yet to hook it up, but will get to it when I have the time.

Lastly I stole an AW11 airbox (thanks kAm ) as they are pretty much the same as factory ae86 airbox, just a couple of mounts are in different spots.

That's pretty much it for now. I don't really see any major updates happening within the next few months as I will be spending most time getting my track build finished.

Future plans (no particular order):
Rebuilt smallport fitted
OR
AE92/101 4AGZE conversion (factory style setup).
Full respray to fix imperfections to body (and repair minor rust).
New tint
OEM plastic sideskirts
Replace cracked dash or recondition current one.
Fit t-series rear (either t18 or disc, have both but haven't decided).
Re-do exhaust (add factory secondaries and maybe another muffler).

Some other things ive probably forgotten but yeah probably not worth mentioning.