Thread: Ke70 Drifto pigo

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

Default Ke70 Drifto pigo

After starting my own build for a drift car after it was defected it took me several months to get minimal work done to it, due to education commitments etc

first thing i did was research some other builds of what needs to be done, pricing etc usual build stuff.

It started life as a normal stock 4 speed manual ke70 with cut springs

after the defect happened i stripped it and continue to drift it with no interia because well, it wasnt going through regency anyways and that loss of weight added atleast 40kw

decided the stock seat then had to go so i purchased a Sparco milk crate and made it suit standard rails

With then realising that its not smart to drive a defected interia with no seat around, the rest was removed (engine etc) and body work began
    A full s13 front then went in and engine bay was painted, this included s13 rack, x-member, coilovers and knuckles
    Next was engine and with a few bored moment i decided to drop in the sr20
    By this time the build thread i was following had been completed and the bloke had sold the car to a close friend of mine. This made it even easier to build my car as i could see it in person

at this stage everything was coming along nicely and i had been following a build thread from nissansilvia.com pretty much exactly

with the front end finished i thought it was time for a new diff and to start pumping the gaurds

With my rims chosen this wasnt enough so they got treated by Mr Angle Grinder

The rest of the front end was completed and the guards almost got finished before my mate decided he wanted to sell the corolla i was building. With this car being completly built and ready to drift, i thought why build what i can already by, so i did. I then stripped this and sent it off to scrap metal for 60 big ones. (if anyone needs s13 gear i have spares minus coilovers)

At this stage it was a little bit sleeper spec, Minus the rollcage and excessively flared gaurds

Pulling into a servo station in a car with rollacage, screamer pipe, race seats etc felt a bit weird and i got a few weird looks on the way home from people

new home for who knows how long

With this stockish look about it i changed a few things to make it more tough

I then took it for its first spin out at mallala, i got about 15 laps out of it before this happened

Its a bit blurry but thats my conrod exiting my sump

Since then i hav changed the engine and added a few extras such a new rims, exhaust, intake manifold, shifter location, rack spacers and knuckles

rims have been the biggest change for it, which I'm now running 16x8 -0 on 195/45 fedreal 595s. I havent been out yet with these rims and tyres so no feed back as yet but they fit rather well

Drift pipe is a bit excesive but u love it or hate it

will have to get a few more pics of the lock that i have now but that gives u a run down on how my build was flipped and changed around

sliding pic to keep u entertained

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

had a few problems with dropping in a fresh ca18, and some sticky lifts, which i fixed now so all is good ready for the next track day, let hope this ca18 lasts a little bit longer

Name
    Adam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ouch man , rod raped your face! I just got my ca rebuilt. Hopefully i survive when i get out there!

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

yea unlucky for me the piston went up shattering part of the head, but i had a spare engine to go in, which i was going to rebuild and forge, but will have to locate another one

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

long pipe is longgggggggggg haha,

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

it does the trick, may have to shorten it before i got to the track cause not sure how the it will hold up against the tyre stacks

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lockolocksmith.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	26190
    thats a quick snap of the lock i have now, much better then lock i was previously getting and it cost me under $200

Name
    dylan
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Where did you get them steelies from mate?
    Have a Look at my ae71 streeter build thread!
    http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...s-Clean-Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    This is like reading the Women's Weekly.

Name
    Shannon
    State
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia

Got them from grizzly imports in adelaide

Name
    Jarrod
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

This thread needs more updates haha, got the new turbo on yet?
    -------------------Slanty Drifter-------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast