Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 16v bigport v 20v? Carbs v itb's?

Gunner

So youre a fan of the super strut option jamie, good to know im not alone lol i miss my bzr

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah Rhys, I got my car with a genuine service history and the car had 62,000km I've had to replace the small links and the front lower control arms but yeah I like how the superstrut handles, I've had it on the track and it's nice I am running Espiler springs and Gear Climb shocks, I bought these new out of Japan, they are actually way too stiff for crappy Adelaide roads but the handling is really good in the hills/track, it will lift a rear wheel about a foot clear of the deck!
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ha so nothing to do with the fact they also have a 11:0 compression ratio,higher camshaft lift of 8.20/7.60,lightened conrods,295cc injectors lol.do this to bigport with itbs and they wont be much difference. they are all good engines some have pros and cons, i respect your opinion and input frak but this is a not a 'who knows most' about a 20v thread. carby a 20v ftw

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i might have something for you no promises, ill try

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lol!! I didn't say it was a 'who knows most'....YOUR the one that said and I quote "its JUST the factory induction on the 20v's making them awesome", to which I replied it was more than that! It's more than just a set of quad throttles, you obviously didn't read or understand my post correctly, I find it funny that now you are saying "so nothing to do with the fact they also have a 11:0 compression ratio,higher camshaft lift of 8.20/7.60,lightened conrods,295cc injectors" when it was YOU that said in an earlier post it was and I quote "its JUST the factory induction on the 20v's making them awesome" so if you as YOU say give a bigport 11.0, cams of 8.2/7.6, lightened conrods, 295cc injectors THERE WILL STILL BE A DIFFERENCE, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's the differences in port angle, combustion chamber shape etc etc that you CAN'T mimick with a bigport that make the differences. as for 20v carb vs ITB's......oh please carbies FTL! It sounds like you have tuned a lot of engines

like you said at the end of the day this isn't a 'who knows most" I guess I can't wait to see all the dyno runs/tuning you do put up on here to help the community out.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bigports can suck my left nut (complete fanboy based option, had 2 though)

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I think bigports are under-rated, sure they can't get anywhere near a 20v in stock form but with the right modifications in the right areas they can be great bang for buck and be decently quick. Especially when you get flowbench developed ported heads for free

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

^ LOL

My car = JDM 16v 4age bigport with JDM 16v 4age ECU

vs Brothers AW11 = 16v 4AGZE *not sure if bigport or small port* with standard 4AGZE ECU

Both car accelerates the same but my power pulls all the way to redline where as his dies off at 6000, so yeah my car is faster in a straight line..have raced him at the track on the straight and my car does pull away in the straight.

how does this work? i think i have a 4.77 diff ratio but have not confirmed.. yeah its mind blowing i know right?! =D

so for cheap power...get a better diff ratio, works out better as a bang for buck upgrade

im waiting to race a AE86 with a ST20 or BT20 on the track just to compare the difference as well..
    Last edited by Rice86; 16th August 2012 at 08:37 AM.
    dose

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

4.77's make big differences

Gunner

As im sure frak will come along and explain it, its all.down to torque multiplication through the drivetrain.

But if you were to drive a 6spd ae111, and then a 5spd, the difference is astonishing.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast