Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Briigo's Trueno kouki hatch. My first hachi! (as summarised from twincam)

Name
    Josh
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Default Briigo's Trueno kouki hatch. My first hachi! (as summarised from twincam)

Hey guys,
    Ive been on here a little while and thought it was about time i posted up my 86. I bought it at christmas time as pretty much a rolling shell with an engine and gearbox, and over the 7 months ive owned it i built it up to driving condition.

I bought it of a Young guy who bit off more than he could chew and didnt realise what was involved with restoring such a car.

Most of the body work is done for me already, body repairs and 2 pack paint. but thats about where it stops. It has no cooling, no fuel to the engine and isnt wired up. his plan was to run the ST on BT loom and ECU but im not sure if ill go down that path or take the plunge with an aftermarket EMS. Probly better off in the long run.

Suspension wise AJPS coilovers up front with unknown shocks and Kings down the rear (despite the kings its very stiff). Adjustable upper and lower rear trailing arms, Drum to drum diff with unknown LSD but it seems tight. Oh, and the handbrake is unbelievably good, Just sayn . Front Whiteline swaybar and rear Whiteline adjustable panhard rod, front RCA's, 'JDM' front calipers and discs. Thats all that i can think of atm. Oh and Ultra racing fender bars and room bar.

The interior is pretty bare, it has a Dash pad, Nardi steer wheel and a shit load of wiring. I had a whole bunch of 'JDM' interior plastics shipped over from J-land this week.

As far as plans go im going to build it up as a nice two seater. Im going to get everything interior wise up and running except the A/C. it will also probly sport a bolt in half cage in the near future as well.

I know people will tell me to go turdbro but theres a 95% it will stay N/A. but who knows, hey.

Thats all for the moment hope you like it.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Definitely come a long way since you got it...

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Don't go turbo, just get better looking wheels and you'll do fine lol
    dose

Name
    Josh
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

I actually surprised myself with how fast I was able to build it.

I know, Wheels are yuk and they're too big (16") but they will have to do for now.

some more pics

Name
    Trent
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ahhhh shit, what happened to that firewall ???
    What ecu did you end up going with, i have the blacktop ecu running the ST engine too.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

great looking car mate. and awesome job on the fuel setup. could you tell us what fuel lines you used, the length you used and diameter? I'm about to do this on mine next and not sure whether to buy bigger hard lines or just run braid the whole way like you have. any reason you went for braid over hard lines?
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Josh
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Who ever put the 20v in mustn't have known about the dissy/COP conversion so they cut the firewall . Not my doing I swear!!! Because the area where the heater poked out was cut out and completely missing, I moved the heater core into the A/C condenser box and ran the heater hoses through the holes where the A/C lines used to run. So far it works pretty well.
    As for the ecu, I was going to go down the path of BT ecu but I found a Razorback that came with the car in the mass of parts and boxes so I went with that instead and so far its done a pretty good job. Its running rich but it isnt tuned yet.

Name
    Josh
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Thanks buddy,
    Honestly I probably wouldnt have used the braided line if the previous owner hadnt put in the feed line. I just thought id continue on with it, makes it look alot cleaner and adds a bit of colour to the bay. I used Speedflow 100 series braided line and fittings -6 for the feed line and -4 for the return and about 4 meters each way should do it. Its a bit over kill for an N/A motor, the fuel lines can flow much more than the engine takes. Oh and the hard lines were pretty chopped up at either end so they weren't very usable. All the 'P' clamps to mount the braided line are actually aircraft clamps i got from work haha. The pump is an AE82 twincam pump and hanger that bolts straight into the tank all I had to do was make the hanger longer for the 86 tank.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so complete ae82 pump bolts into an 86 tank? never heard of that but that makes the conversion easier
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Josh
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Yup, I had one lying around in the shed so I thought id give it a go and whaa laa.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast