Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gunners Runner

Gunner

Smile Gunners Runner

Its been a wile since I have had an all Toyota garage (although I dont have a garage) But this due to change once I get rid of this VL.

Over the weekend, our ever helpful (which is an understatement to say the least) administrator Matt, delivered me a new toy. Nothing spectacular, just an AE92 Seca.

Really not a fan of the seca styling lol but I have slayed some ugly moles over the years, so Im sure I can cope.with quite possibly the ugliest corolla ever produced (looks like a pig with down syndrome imo) But this little fug mobile, is packing a little surprise.

Thats right, blacktop goodness, and Gunner is in love, didnt realise how much I missed a good 4A, till I drove this. Having said that, it hasnt all been smooth sailing.

Sunday morning, started off with the return line off, so I could drain the 25l of stale fuel, took 2 hours this way, but such little effort. Then a new set of NGK "platys" I had kicking around. And the first frap around the bloke was had. But all was not as it should be, with 5000rpm on the dial, the "seci" was falling over. FUCKING VVT AARRGGHH!!!!1! So back in the driveway, bonnet up, hand on the VVT solenoid, and.noticedthe inlet gear, was.making a sound resembling that of an S15 VVT gear (insert more swearing here lol) Not much I can do about that, so woth the solenoid unplugged, another frap, and more swearing, 7K and its falling over again. So bonnet up again, dialed in 12* timing reset everything, another frap and 7200, and.some midrange.torque, atleast were getting somewhere.

Then I remembered the 02 wasnt connecte, so under the car I went, removed.the sensor to obtain a part number, and get it wirred correctly, with that done, ecu in test mode anpther frap, then diag check, no codes, WINNER, but not really, she still falls.over at 7500.

So thats where its at, almost ready for rego, and.making about 60kw lol hopefully it will come good with some new VVT nits.

Though I have flushed the inlet gear in diesel, it has free'd it up, but Its still noisey, should probably.get oil prea gauge out and.make sure we have suffwcient pressure.

So the plans for this nugget? Not much as it needs.to be a reliable daily, but Ido have some good bits, amd some cool ideas.

5zigen headers, HiLine Performance 20v exhaust
    BCs
    13x6 bridgestone rally wheels amd.kuhmo semis
    110mm stacks
    Remote resovoir for clutch master
    AE92 scoop with HiLine intake fogger
    Nardi
    and a decent drivers seat
    there a bit more but theyre secrets, but will be aiming for the 150hp unopemed, who needs a 7A? Lol

Name
    Blake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks good man, get the hatch grill, would make it a little less ugly at the front, there's nothing you can do about the rear tho.

Hatch front quarters would look good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Id explain more but there people on here I dont like, and i want to see this shit on thsir supposedly awesome masterfully built but stock power making 20v
    bursting ovaries since 92'

Gunner

Yeah a mate and I were susssing out how hard it would be to run the hatch front end, Ill just reshell next yr though. Either another 86, but more than likely an 82 hatch.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hatch front end will bolt up if you have a complete front end... But cheap car is cheap

Gunner

Precisely, nothings changing anytime soon anyway, more important things to pay for.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Paint bumpers black for added toughness and road dominance

Gunner

Haha black bolt ons with 15x9s too?

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks alright man, will be a cool daily later down the track, i know how you roll!

Also, fuck your driveway! I thought mine was bad..

Gunner

Yeah driveway sucks, dunno how Im going to get the 86 down it haha.

Well VVT solenoid is solenoiding, and the cam gear isnt leaking, or locked up, only two options left :/ She'll get an engine oil flush and then the royal purple treatment, and have an ecu on standby. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have it sorted.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Come make my blacktop 150hp unopened

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast