Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My search for a ae86 first car!

Name
    Brandon
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Question My search for a ae86 first car!

Hey guy's, I've been in love with everything to do with a ae86 I'm looking for one by the end of the year my budget would be around 7-9 k. As I said before I'm in love with the ae86's I've been searching for car's to research on and seeing which car I should be looking for I previously was in the phase of modern flash car's like Foresters etc.. then going into hatchbacks like new Corolla's and Civic's. I then saw one of the ae86's that one of the memebrs on the website owns in Canberra and have been well as I said before " in love " with the ae86 haha, Anyway's I've had a look around for an ae86 and pretty much cant find any for under 9k besides this one

The seller is not replying to my messages on ebay at the moment but I guess id like any input as I have not much knowledge on ae86's.

any input would be appreciated!

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The car on ebay appears to be clean, but i'd asking for more pictures... Ask for close up shots of the front a-pillars , rear guards, tail gate, boot around spare tyres etc.

Sprinters are getting hard to find these days and clean ones with a 4age engine fetch good money. There is a red supercharged levin for sale in Canberra that i'd be recommending you stretch your budget for and consider.

Have a look in the cars for sale section on here for the owners details.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Hey Brandon,

That car seems expensive for what it is. If you were to buy that stock standard car for that price, and then want to improve the car, it is going to end up costing you alot. There are much better deals out there. If you need a hand or want some info, I am happy to help. I am in Kambah, where are you?

Who's AE86 was it your saw?

JoJo

Name
    Brandon
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I though the price was a little much for stock thanks for reassuring me as I have not that much knowledge about ae86's. Any help would be great since well no body I know currently has experience with buying / owning an ae86, I'm in Wanniassa just the suburb over. I didn't actually expect there to be so many Canberra members on the website! As for seeing my first ae86 in Canberra well funny story I was actually in year 6 after being in Tuggeranong and playing Initial D in the arcade room in Hoyts which is now renamed to Limelight driving back home with my Mum then seeing a panda ae86 on Greenway heading to Tuggeranong. 5 year's later and still remember that moment haha. Anyway's as I posted I'm in no rush to buy an ae86 ASAP but having till the end of the year to maybe find "the one" and hopefully buying her ! But again all help would be much appreciate especially help locally ! like I said before I have no real help besides my mates saying "AWWW BRO THATS SICK" "SHOULD SO BUY THAT!" haha and my Mum has no knowledge about car's also.

Name
    Brandon
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Thank's for the input, Ill keep trying to get through to the guy and see if he is able to get more pictures and possibly lower the price.

Haha I know right , I just want to be one of those lucky people to own one !. As for the red sprinter it's way over budget haha but it looks awesome ! , I've been looking through page after page at the ae86's that have been sold and must I say some there are some bargains that have been sold that I would have loved to buy ! Probably when they were sold I was so obsessed with Forester coming from watching too much Might Car Mod's haha So happy I've finally found something that I will be sticking too that I know will tick all the box's haha. Thank's for the input again!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey Brandon,

If you look at anything around Canberra your best bet would be to try and organise for one of us to come with you if we can. When I bought my first 86 I thought I had done a reasonable inspection, but it had a lot of rust in places I didn't know to inspect. That white car on ebay looks clean in that photo, but I personally wouldn't buy a stock ADM sprinter at that price.

LOL, obviously I think you'd be best off with my car too, but I'm afraid I can't drop the price that much.
    EDIT: Actually, my car is probably not ideal as a first car anyway as the suspension is tuned for the track and with the low down torque of the GZE it can be quite a handful in the wet!

You'll find the guys in Canberra are all good friends and willing to lend a hand when needed, happy hunting

Cheers,

-Robbo
    Last edited by ae8zn6; 28th July 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Then again...

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I warn you though buying an ae86 is like getting a puppy, once you own it you'll be attached to it for life

Youre in good hands in Canberra , grab one or two of the guys to go hunting.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

What do you want the car for Brendon? A nice street car? Or a street car that is capable of going to the track?
    Are you any good with fixing cars?
    Does the car have to be running and complete? Or can you handle a bit of a project job?

JoJo

Name
    Bob
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

All the above is good advise --- especially getting some one in the know, to look at any car you wish to buy. These cars are nearly 30 years old now and any car that has not had a full tear down and respray WILL HAVE SOME RUST .You are not even safe then as depending on the workmanship rust may still be prevalent . If the car has done any sort of motor sport , then chassis alignment should be looked at as they do not need to much of an impact to cause problems in this area. Not trying to scare you off , just some areas are known through experience to be , areas of interest that should effect the price.
    Jo Jo has asked the question that is most important to your selection --- What do you want the car for ? That will have a huge impact on what you can expect to pay .

If you are available , come out to the next hill climb Sunday 26th August , most of use will be there and you get an idea how much fun we have with these cars .

Regards Bob
    Last edited by AIROCOBRA; 28th July 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG ------ I MUST BE VERY VERY VERY BAD

AE86 4AGE 16V N/A TRACK CAR ( RED )
    AE86 ROLLING SHELL --- IN CASE i F-CK UP !!!!!! (PRIMER )
    AE86 ADM UNDER CONSTRUCTION ( STREET CAR) 4AGE 16V , (RED )
    AE86 Trueno ( RESTORE TO PERIOD GOODNESS ) White
    AE86 4AGZE Wreck ( to be rebuilt into Khannacross fun car )
    KE 15 x 2 -- SPRINTER ( RESTORE TO PERIOD GOODNESS ) RED
    TE72 (T18) X 2 BIT OF PAINT , BIT OF MECHANICAL way we go RED
    Soarer 1995 1JZ Factory 5speed (R154 )

Name
    Brandon
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I would definitely get one or a few of you guy's to come along with me if there was one in Canberra. A week ago I saw one for sale on all classifieds but has been sold. I dont think I will put too much thought into the Ebay ae86 and just leave it, haha I wold love to own your ae86 but as I said my budget is 7-9! . I really like how there is a little group of ae86 owners in Canberra and all helping each other out !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast