Thread: Silvertop won't idle.

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

Default Silvertop won't idle.

Anyone have pictures of where vacuum lines should be on a 20v rwd conversion? Where is the brake booster vacuum supposed to run to? Car still won't idle any suggestions? It's timed correctly has fuel and spark. Drives perfect and goes hard pulling throughout the revs just won't idle?

Name
    Trent
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Brake booster goes to the top back of the inlet manifold, only one there the right size really.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Are you using the factory inlet gaskets. Search for the diagrams, there are out there, but i feel that isnt your problem, if anything missing or loose vacumm lines will create a high idle. Id say you have a block idle port somewhere, as in when the butterflies close there isnt enough air getting in.

For a test (and only testing) open the main idle screw out slowly untill you get the desired idle then stick your ear near 1 of the throttle, hopefully you will hear the air rushing past the butterfly, definitely not the way to go about it but will prove if your problem is air or electrical. then return that screw back to where is was.

Has anyone fiddled with the butterfly screws for each throttle. I havent had to but apparently if you fiddle with these you can end up in all sorts of trouble by upsetting the butterfly balance of each throttle, its only what i read.

*Are you using the factory iscv with 20v loom and ecu (inlet speed control valve?)
    *Show us a pick of what you have.
    *Has it ever idled before is this a new problem.
    *Have you just installed this engine or loom.

If has been ok before whats new, what has changed.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

(Are you using the factory inlet gaskets.) yes factory gaskets are still used. (anything missing or loose vacumm lines will create a high idle. Id say you have a block idle port somewhere, as in when the butterflies close there isnt enough air getting in.) is as if when throttle is let off no air is getting into the motor. Have tested it with another icv that came off a working motor.

(For a test (and only testing) open the main idle screw out slowly untill you get the desired idle then stick your ear near 1 of the throttle, hopefully you will hear the air rushing past the butterfly, definitely not the way to go about it but will prove if your problem is air or electrical. then return that screw back to where is was.
    Has anyone fiddled with the butterfly screws for each throttle. I havent had to but apparently if you fiddle with these you can end up in all sorts of trouble by upsetting the butterfly balance of each throttle, its only what i read.) haven't adjusted any part of the throttles.

*Are you using the factory iscv with 20v loom and ecu (inlet speed control valve?) yes
    *Show us a pick of what you have.
    *Has it ever idled before is this a new problem. Has idled previously but cannot remember what has been changed since.
    *Have you just installed this engine or loom.( loom and engine came in the car when I got it, rebuilt the motor early this year.)

If has been ok before whats new, what has changed.

Do these motors suffer from problems if air is getting into the intake plenum after the airflow meter? Would of thought it would make it idle higher rather than die? I'm wondering this as I have modified the factory plenum when it was converted from cable to hydro clutch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343642367.140579.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	26460