Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's ke70

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

whats in sydney? your lucky you have vic rego ill probably get raped up there haha

Name
    KE70
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Would probably reccomend cutting a hole in your fire wall will make it possible to reach gearbox bolts unless when you blow the clutch you want to drop the crossmember or pull the engine out to get to them

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I considered it but it doesn't take long to get the motor out if I have to. I got a rb box for free of a mate and another mate rebuilt it on the cheap and I'm going to run a new clutch. Should be fine for a while

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

My 1uz needs engine out to remove box or I can cut the tunnel up when it needs to be pulled out and weld in a bigger one. Also if you can't get the bolts out without taking engine off how easy would it be to remove the box itself?
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I don't plan on doing any cutting as Im keeping mine as a simple street/track car.
    If I have to remove the gearbox I shouldn't have to pull the engine completely out, just undo and bring forward enough to get to the bolts hopefully.
    Ill cross that bridge when I get to it :p

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im slowly getting there and trying to get as much done as i can while im still on holidays, the heat is making it hard to endure though
    I got a s13 det flywheel off a mate and bought a new exedy hd clutch to suit.
    I have also got my fuel system in the boot done, it wasnt as daunting as i first thought it was made simple by a helpful thread here on the forum. i just have to do my clutch master and then the engine can go in and stay in then sort out tailshaft, exhaust, put the 4.3 ratio in my borgy that Casey supplied me and get it adjusted up properly.

A bit messy but it should do the job the toolbox is rubber lined and mounted aswell as the lift pump and fuel pump so it should be quiet im hoping haha.

Everything should be done in the next couple of weeks and then the car will be a good looking lump of useless metal until i can get a loom to suit an autech or s15 de motor since the one i got supplied with was cut at the ecu and at the firewall so im missing a metre or more of wiring and have no idea what to do yet.
    so my car most likely wont be at winton matsuri like originally planned unless i work something out soon which im having no luck with.

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

just to give an idea of what im dealing,there is a fair bit of missing wire. anyone that can offer any advice from previous experience would be appreciated

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Instead of the usual Saturday night I decided to stay in and get shit done. I have a loom now so a mate came round and started getting into the wiring and trying to teach me "still does my head in" and we got it to start by about 1am for about 5 seconds, was flippin Loud running off the extractors and I thought I'd show I little consideration for the neighbours (top bloke).

Should have it driving in the next couple of weeks I hope, I didn't enter winton matsuri unfortunately because of lack of funds, not having a cage etc.

Anyways I'm sick of talking to myself. Sorry for the novel and lack of photos I get to distracted in wanting to finish the car haha

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Keep at it Sam.. its apparently all worth it once its running..

I'll be missing matsuri as well, let's try and make the next vicdrift day?

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Will be ready for the next vic drift day for sure and ill have time to fix any little problems that pop up just hearing it finally run has given me the motivation to get it done haha

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast