Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: AE86 In a Straight Line

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

because your hachi can get all its power to the ground (because it has shit all), xr8 cant do that like your car

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

on the straight their not shit quick but they pull okay for a 4cyl, on the corners we make holdens bang to the curb's without difficulty.

Banned
    Name
    Vivas
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

depends on the driver.. like reaction timing when the lights turn green, how high you rev it, double clutch anyone???

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Most n/a sprinters I've seen struggle to break into 15's down the strip
    eg,
    It's all about the power to weight ratio and while the ae86 might be light, it doesn't have the guts to make use of that.
    I'd love to see an ae86 mince an r32 turbo but I highly doubt it's possible unless the skyline driver is half alseep or completely botches his launch, once it hit's 3rd gear though it'd be all over for the ae86. Silvia's are pretty much just as quick as an r32 gts-t and most of those will rip an ae86 to shreds.

Realistically, a 4age ae86 should be able to put up a good fight against eco tech commodores, vl's and r31's with rb30's, ae82 twincams though they might just get you due to less power loss, non turbo silvias and r32's, maybe a 1uz-fe soarer, non turbo rx7's up to s4 maybe s5 non turbo if you ever have the luck to run one.

Just figure out the power to weight, if you have more power per tonne than the other guy, odds are you'll beat it.

As for me, I've beaten alfa 147's, 5.7 litre vx SS, I can keep up with my mates JZX100 untill we hit 3rd. Haven't run him properly yet, would be close I think. But then again, I think my car would be good for mid 14's which is still pretty slow

Name
    stefan
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

ive dragged a few cars in the past, ae86s arent bad compared to alot of cars. having driven my mates vr ss quite alot, they are hardly any quicker than a 4age 86. ive dragged a vn ss (woulda pulled away from it if i went into 3rd gear), magna (woulda been fucked if it was a manual), early 2000's mazda 323, el fairmont 5.0L and a couple of v6 commonwhores. getting the power to the ground is the main thing with decent tyres its easy to launch hard

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Agreed. I have no problems beating any 6 cylinder commodoore or falcon, except the xr6 turbo of course, I cant touch those.

The diff makes all the difference, and smashing first to 7500rpm before you shift.

Ive beaten a few interesting cars in a straight line:

VS v6s, VZ SV6 v6s, 7age keto, Accord Euros, VW Boras, Sportivo Corollas with 2zzges (very close race actually,but I held it on the limiter before going into second a touch too long). It gives most any stock v8 commodoore a good run for its money. I was close on the bumper of a worked 5litre vs manual ute, didn't get done by much.

All legal races of course.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

with my ze it will pretty much beat anything off the line (except awd cars like wrx etc) but once i get into around 3rd gear they have had time for their turbo to spool and blow by me. dam no top end!
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Quade
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

my ae93 makes 3.8L powered commondores accuse me of being turboed

8ball

I think your being a bit optimistic there junior, unless your running an aftermarket ecu and/or turbo (preferably both) most 86s would not pull a greasy stick out of a dogs arse . I don`t own a commonwhore but have driven a couple and they are reasonably ballsy, pretty sure holden had to put restrictors in the intake on series 2 vns because people were complaining about lighting the tyres up to much at the lights.

Oh by the way who is woulda.

Name
    Reeece
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

are we talk 50 metre races ??? a vr SS would absolutely munch a ae86 4age even with 2 cylinders dropping

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast