Thread: calling all whiteline swaybar owners

Name
    Alex
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Aussie

Default calling all whiteline swaybar owners

Hey guys recently purchased a whiteline 18mm heavy duty rear sway bar for my KE70. Just wondering if any of you have had a problem with the D bushes being to small causing play inside the mount even causing the D bush to slip out under big entrys.

Just to verify it wasnt my mounts i compared the whiteline D bush to the standard toyota ones and theyre is about 2mm difference and i recently purchased some new D bushes from superpro and they are exactly the same size as the standard toyota ones as they should be and fit in the mounts perfect.

I have talked to the tech department at whiteline and they said it must be a one off and they have not heard of this before. So if you have a whiteline rear swaybar for your own sake aswell get under your AE or KE and check it out by grabbing your swaybar and giving it a good jiggle around whilst looking at the bushes if all is good then theyre shouldnt be any play or moving round of the swaybar or bushes. Let me know so i can inform the guys at whiteline. cheers

Name
    Jason
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

3mm ally, cut square, cut/file 2 U slots opposite each other so it will sit inside of D bracket, outer tabs stop it sliding across and out, fit under bush, dirve.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

ke70 and ae86 run different rear bushes

when I sold whiteline I supplied a super pro conversion bush

but now I sell signature swaybars and they come with the correct bushes to suit
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I can confirm with Dave that they're different sizes, I grab a rear arb off an AE71 and I had to cut the bushes down to fit to my T series. Which reminds me that I need to get bushes!

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeh mate x3. I originally ran spacers between bush and diff whilst getting new bushes. Im pretty sure if you go to the super pro website, they have a bush finder, and iirc you can find stock e7 dimensions and order that size but with 18mm hole for the sway bar. Hope this helps.

Will.

Name
    Alex
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Aussie

yeah i had standard KE70 diff and ordered the swaybar for a KE70 not AE86 so theyre definately the correct bushes i have even confirmed the part number with whiteline. And the superpro bushes that i just ordered from AJPS were the perfect size.

I think the reason know ones told whiteline and they dont know about this is because people have just jimmyed up something to fill the space as mentioned before and not worried about it too much lol.

Name
    Svenbot
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I just cut up an old tyre and wedged a square of rubber under the D bush. Has worked mint for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
    I heard svenmate research and development designed the moon. And the moon landing was just them eating breakfast.
    AE71 Build Thread

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I dare say you're spot on haha.