Thread: JDM rear interior trim- what came out with what model etc

Name
    Joash
    State
    Tasmania
    Country
    Australia

Default JDM rear interior trim- what came out with what model etc

Hey guys, so im having a little bit of trouble working out these rear door cards/seats to be able to complete my interior. My car is a GTV model with red style interior, i have the non arm rest style door cards.

Seems there is two different types, ive seen it explained in some forums as 2dr and 3 dr but other pictures ive found make it sound more like a gt apex vs gtv option.
    Basically what im talking about is the arm rests on the rear door cards, seems they come out on all colour shcemes, 2 dr and 3 dr and according to some people gt apex and gtv. If this is correct it must have been an option.

Id love to be able to get the "jdm red" rear seats with arm rests in door cards if possible but not sure if that means i need a different parcel shelf or not.
    Just wondering if anyone knows the ins and outs of my predicament

Here is some pics

The color and style i would like if possible

Heres another which was Def out of a 3dr

And the alternative ( This is the style mine come with originally as i have these door cards only in red)

Here they are in a 3dr GT- apex

Any info would be great, thanks for your time

Name
    Craig
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hi

Are you after 2dr or three door hatch as i have the door cards and rear seat from a 2dr in the top red colour

cheers

Contact No: 0408998795

EMAIL: justjdmimports@bigpond.com

LINK TO MY WEBSITE FOR MORE PARTS & PICS http://www.justjdmimports.com

Link to My ride Thread http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...y-Latest-Daily

Name
    John
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

The blue colour is my car, it came in zenki gt apex,the all grey with the shitty front seats is gt spec, the checkered black/grey at bottom is kouki gt apex, then there is the trim with stripes which is gtv spec. Not 100% sure what spec the brown was, think its gt apex with tue arms rests, its a zenki colour.
    Last edited by john84ie; 19th August 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Name
    Joash
    State
    Tasmania
    Country
    Australia

so there is def a difference between 2dr and 3dr rear seat and door cards?

Name
    Ced
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The interior cards with integrated arm rests are GT-Apex only, such as the first 2 pictures you've posted. They're not options, just standard trim for GT-Apex models.
    The 3rd picture where the the cards just house the wheel wells were available to GTV spec & below. As far as I know, you could not option for the GT-Apex interior on a GTV car & vice versa.

The different colors, brown/maroon & grey/blue are the different colors between zenki & kouki models (pre-face lift & face lift). If you have a GTV with red/maroon interior, you will most likely have a zenki model. You're front door cards should have a seperate arm rest screwed into the trim. GT-Apex front door cards have an integrated arm rest similar in style to the rear cards.

You don't need a new parcel shelf. GTV & GT-Apex seats & cards take up the same space altogether. However, they are not interchangeable with each other.
    Eg. GT-Apex seats need to be with GT-Apex cards as the seats are straight, and do not curve at the bottom to account for the wheel well like the GTV interior.

Name
    Joash
    State
    Tasmania
    Country
    Australia

thanks heaps for that mate, yea mine is a zenki gtv model with red interior.

Ok my question is now, seeing as i already have the rear quarter cards and the bottom half of the seats, would the seat uprights out of a 2dr coupe fit into my 3dr hatch provided they were the GTV model? is the only difference between 2dr and 3dr the door cards?

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Kouki GT Apex front door trims have a screw on long arm rest.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Ced
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm abit confused with your 2nd question. I thought you were going for the GT-Apex interior?
    If you have GTV rear cards and lower seats already in your 3dr, the 2dr GTV seat uprights will bolt up just fine.
    If you have GT-Apex rear cards and lower seats, the 2dr GTV seat uprights will not fit, not because they're from a 2dr, but because it's a GTV shape which will not fit with the straight GT-Apex rear cards.

The difference between 2dr & 3dr interior wise is the C pillar trim, the parcel shelf and boot area. I'm quite certain the rear cards are interchangeable between 2 & 3dr's, although they do show up as different part no.'s in toyoDIY.com

And uncle Frak is right. Kouki door trims are also screw on, but extremely long.

Name
    Joash
    State
    Tasmania
    Country
    Australia

yea its all good its a lot easier for me to retain the GTV style now im a bit more clear, like i say i have 90% of it just need the seat uprights to finish it.

Reason i ask is 44gte has some 2dr GTV red seats apparently, just wanted to know if they would fit if i already have the cards.

Thanks very much for all your help