Thread: Custom AE86 JIC Coilovers w/ RA60 celica big brake upgrade. Includes knuckles, LCAs, calipers, hubs+disks [FAR NORTH NSW]

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Custom AE86 JIC Coilovers w/ RA60 celica big brake upgrade. Includes knuckles, LCAs, calipers, hubs+disks [FAR NORTH NSW]

For sale here are a pair of JIC AE86 front coilovers that have been modified with RA60 stubaxles and caliper mounts (using the whole lower section of an RA60 strut) so you can use bigger Celica brakes- won't clear a 13" wheel. Included are LCAs & steering knuckles to suit, Celica calipers + pads, hubs+vented disks and two pairs of springs of unknown rates (one pair is the fancy kind with helper springs however the collars for the helper springs are missing).

I bought these years ago (probably going on 7-8 years ago?) with the intent of restoring and using them but it never happened, they have been in storage ever since. All modifications were carried out by the previous owner who went under the handle adsport on toymods, fillet weld where the stub axle assy is attached looks good.

These are in pretty rough condition and suit restoration. They are an unknown quantity as they've been in storage for so long and they've had a hard life, however I can tell you that the wheel bearings seem good and that one damper is definately blown. The spherical bearing in both camber tops is siezed and I'm not sure if the plates themselves are any good.

MAKE AN OFFER, I was originally asking $480 but if there's anything here you think you could use, make an offer on the lot and I'll consider it (I don't bite!). They're big, heavy and I'd like the buyer to see what they're getting in person so they're pickup only. I'm located about 10 minutes out of Ballina NSW and about an hour from the gold coast so it's an easy drive from SEQ.

Eyeballing them, LCAs appear to be the same length and dimensions despite the different dimples on top.

Last edited by lowdownstyle; 11th September 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bump. Open to offers.

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bump.

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bump. If there's anything here you think you could use, make an offer on the lot and I'll consider it (I don't bite!).