Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Matt's AE85 Trueno Coupe

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah I second not wanting to mess up the engine bay, hopefully you can build something nice

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the advice guys. I spoke to my mechanic and it looks like a 7AGE build will happen. Stay tuned for my garage sale to raise funds.
    I see dumb people. Driving around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dumb.

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Here's the paint code I used for my wheels. I get it from Supercheap Auto for about $14.

I see dumb people. Driving around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dumb.

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Happy day! Most of my suspension parts arrived today and some really bizarre shit, too. Some of my purchases are really hard to explain. I've got no idea what I was thinking. Hahaha... oh well. The good news is my car will see some happy days soon and anything I don't need will be up for sale.

This picture show about a quarter of the presents I've got.

In other really out there news. I had a dream and with the help of Benny Boy, I made it a reality. This is only a prototype but holy shitballs! How awesome is this!?! (nobody has actually agreed with me on its awesomeness yet).

Behold! My Double Decker Jack!

The plan is to make 4 and have a quick, economical way of lifting my car up about 600mm. I know what you're all thinking, "That's fucking amazing Matt, but is it safe?". Well, it seems to be quite sturdy so far. The idea is to wind one jack up, fit the car stands, then wind the second jack up and raise the car stands on flat ground, with the wheels on and using Boat People to put the car stands in place. Safe as!

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Seems legit.. Hahaha, I won't lie I've done worse including my car falling and rolling out of the garage at one point.

It's always a good day when boxes turn up.

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Damn that jack is some next level shit! Pun intended

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for your positive feedback guys. Now I just needa really catchy name soi can market it to countries with relaxed safety laws. Let's make ita competition. Whoever thinks of the best name for my jack will receive a 21mm/23mm ring spanner. The first six runner-ups will all also receive a 21mm/23mm ring spanner! For reasons I can't explain a whole bunch of these things. Haha

, that's hilarious mate. I like your style.

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If u put a bigger base plate on the bottom then it should be fairly sterdy. And maybe made out of some thicker steel. I have a big sheet of 3mm plate here I can donate. However, will it fit under a car even tho both are wound all the way down?

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Brett. Yeah, I didn't have anything good for a base plate at the time. Some 3mm would be awesome.
    I have a little 'helper' jack to get the bigger jack in place. It's juuuuust too tall to fit under right now and I'm guessing my new suspension will sit a little lower than my current stuff. Which my shopping spree is complete. lat night I grabbed some TRD 4.3kg rear springs to complete the package. The bushes, camber tops and rear springs will be getting on the plane very soon. I can't wait

Name
    J-D
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Aus

haha i made the exact same thing with my jacks! mine is to jack up a kombi and hasnt broken so far 2 years on..

loving the build mate, cant wait to see this thing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast