Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: James' Panda Levin Notchy

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i've never seen one in all the times i have gone.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Long time no update, had some extra time off so I decided to finally put my cams in along with some Toda cam gears and belt I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Lucky for me all the clearances where exactly what I would have set them to with the new cams, never know your luck. Decided I might as well make a day of it so I put my new alloy radiator in and put an intake snorkel thing off a 22r corona on instead of the stupid 86 one that sucks hot air from the exhaust side of the bay. Some photos I took during the day;

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

nice work, did you cut out that little air diversion plate inside the air box? going to run a thermo fan or keep using the clutch fan?

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah cut that plate out as soon as I got the car. Clutch fan is working perfectly for now, so it can stay as temps are still perfectly stable after a 30 minute spirited drive last night. After finishing running the cams in last night and going for a test drive to see how it went, it has made an improvement but really needs a better intake and exhaust to really get going so this will be the next thing I do.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Long time no update, I've been working on a few different ideas on making this handle a bit better in a different way to most. Under brakes my car has always been a little unstable as all the weight comes off the back and it tends to wander a bit so I've been playing around with anti-dive and spacing the castor rod mounts down by varying amounts, I've found 8mm feels best to me so far without having any noticeable effect on the steering. Also going to see how far I can get handling wise while still sticking with urethane bushes instead of rose joints as this is my daily.

I've also always wanted to try an 86 with equal length trailing arms but have never been game as it means losing the rear seat and all the other roadworthy/defect issues that go along with it, however I'm in the process of measuring up a box to make an equal length three link setup and trimming the box in a similar material to the top part of the rear seats to hide it all as an "armrest" and modifying the bottom half of the back seat to suit as 86's are only technically 4 seaters anyway so we'll see how that goes.

Also picked up some really nice headers and been putting a massive amount of hours into further development on my cylinder head as I'm going in a new direction with the engine I'm slowly accumulating parts for. Still using a bigport 40mm journal crank albeit heavily modified and a bigport head to make blacktop power for not a great deal of money and will be perfectly reliable and tractable when it's done, as the smallport I was going to get fell through. I want to prove the bigport can still hang with the big (4AGE?) boys even though almost everyone says otherwise.

And someone buy my stuff so I can buy more stuff! Haha.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Also, possibly buying one of these

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I like the plans of doing something different! Bigport can definitely make power, my carb motor is BP and made 138hp.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

Name
    Jason
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

such a nice car. i love it!

Name
    James
    State
    Rotorua
    Country
    New Zealand

Nice Car.
    equal length trailing arms are good, but only if you go with the full watts linkage. i had a equal length 3 link, watts linkage in my old kp60 & it handles better than ever.
    i think a way to stop driving under brakes my be to get a adjustable pedal box. maybe more rears will help.
    sorry but the big port will never get the same amount of power as a small port. is it 7 rib or 3 rib. we would punch pistons through the walls in the 3 rib big port engines.
    i am currently getting 195rwhp from my small port, would never dream of getting that out of a big port.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I could be wrong (most likely am) but weren't the grp a bathurst motors big port? They were punching solid numbers within regs...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast