Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: sr20det ke70 - lots of pictures

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

got myself a vl manual tailshaft on sunday (both ends fit up). Pulled it all apart, serviced the cv joint and made a bracket to fit the centre bearing and will be shortening the rear half in the next few days.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

looks sweet man! oh the joys of having your own hoist! jealous!

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nicely done. Good to see you doing everything yourself. Going to be a boss.

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

Dad must have got bored today while I was at work and decided to shorten the shaft.

cutting on the lathe

made it a tight fit and pressed it together

when I got home i just grease up and reassembled the cv and put it all together

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

got a heap of stuff done in the last couple of weeks, but mostly just finished off small incomplete things. connected up brakes and bled them up, welded up the cable mounts for the handbrake and put them together. tightened up all the suspension and steering. pulled the engine back out cut the shifter hole a bit bigger and made a plate to cover the rest of it. changed the oil pan to a tomei one i had, changed the oil and oilfilter pulled the turbo off and changed the gasket and gave the engine a good clean. also cut out the front a bit for the radiator to breathe a bit better, mounted up the power steering reservoir and ignitor and neatened the wiring up a bit. put the engin back in. put an exhaust up that im going to modify to fit. got my intercooler and started trying to see how im going to make everything fit

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nice work on that tail shaft dad

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

Did some work on the fuel system the other week, had to change the pickup and return im the tank to 10mm and 8mm then run a 10mm line through the low pressure pickup pump the the vl pump and run new 8mm hard line out of bundy tube to the engine and for the return. Once I did this i made an exhaust to just before the diff rigged up a quick,dodgey intake and took the car for its first drive. Since then ive put the dash all back together and interior is mostly back in and have assembled a few other bits and pieces; rear window, right guard, etc. decided the other day that im
    Going to move the battery into the boot so i cut the tray outof the engine bay which gives me heaps more room for washer/overflow bottles and cooler pipes

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

I have put a fair bit of work into the car since the last post. Battery has been relocated to the boot, a new top water outlet was made so i could fit in a hose, bottom hose was shortened and radiator has been mounted. Also found some heater hoses that have a reducer built into them as the engine outlets are bigger than heater core and cut them to fit. tidied up the wiring which allowed me to remove one of the relay boxes (the 180sx one which mostly consists of headlight retract relays) and mounted it all up. Got an intercooler off a friend with stainless piping to fit an s14 so we cut it up and made it all fit in, piped up all the vacuum lines and charcoal canister and basically mounted everything in the engine bay and started making up a fan shroud. need to find a new drivers seat and do some rewiring in the interior as the connectors i used aren't that great and have been causing me problems so ill go through and just solder each wire in. Then the engine will come back out to tidy up and paint the engine bay so everything can go back together to stay.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

looking good dude!

Name
    Jake
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

gave the interior a good scrub and put it all back together

battery in boot

pulled the engine back out and painted the engine bay, put some spot lights on it to help it dry but had a problem with mosquitoes thinking it was a good place to rest and dying in the paint but brushed them off after it dried and its all hidden anyway so didn't bother much with it. change the clutch to something a bit more mild for the pits, painted the box and all underneath the car.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast