Thread: 4agze AFM options..

Name
    Adam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default 4agze AFM options..

Hey all I've been searching for a while and cant find any revelant info..

I am using stock management on my gze converted to turbo. Afm is so huge and I was wondering is there any other afm I could use with the stock computer. Would like to use a smaller unit if it is possible..

Has anyone ever played with the idea..

I will be thinking about aftermarket management later down the track but for now I'm stuck with the standard cpu

Using a different afm, will it cause problems with the CPU??

Thanks

Senior Member Hen may possibly be a nut's Avatar
    Name
    Hen
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

In general, using a different AFM will cause problems as it'll send a different signal to the ECU meaning it sees a different airflow.

There are some exceptions to this (eg, bigger AFM and bigger injectors to lift boostcut on a 7MGTE) and you may be able to find something that suits, but as far as I know it'd be trial and error. Just to find a slightly smaller AFM I doubt it'd be worth the effort.

Hen

PS - I've heard ST162 uses the same AFM. Again I highly doubt it's a smaller body, but you could check next time you're at the wreckers.

Name
    Adam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks man yeah I thought It would be to much mucking around. I'm just gonna move the battery into the boot to free up some space.

Another question.. when moving the battery to the boot I've heard you need fuses on the positive cable!? Is this correct? I thought you would just earth the batt to the boot than just run a fat cable to where the positive wires were connected at the battery in the front. Could you shed some light on this

Cheers for the help

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

thats what i did, Put a Big switch in the bay and use that to join everything that used to connect to battery, i would show a pic but photonucket is being poo and wont load my albums

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

MAKE SURE YOUR EARTHS ARE REALLY GOOD! (there is a need for caps i cant express it enough the head fuck i had, with mine, jsut because of paint making bad earths)

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Make sure your battery is good too, and make the positive lead as short as possible. That kill switch is ace.

Name
    Adam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ahh sweet cheers man.. So that cable just comes from your positive side off battery to the switch than from the switch to the other stuff needed to get power.? Did u run the cable under the car or through the cabin.. Where did you move you fuse box? Your bay looks nice and neat!

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

through cabin, battery + >>>> 0 Guage wire>>>> Switch on tunnel>>>>> Switch in Engine bay>>>> powers for everything, like i literally got all the random wires and the main paower wires that used to go onto battery and soldered them all into a 0 guage connector

my fuse box is in my guard right behind the blinker, its like rammed in there

Then grind/sand back the paint and make yourself an earth onto something solid, ill try and get a boot pic too

Name
    Adam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Awsome So no fuses or curcuit breakers anywhere ( sorry for all the noob questions ) all the setups I've googled say it is a must to put them in, incase of a short, 0 gauge wire will BANG!!
    Do u run the same switch in the bay on the tunnel? I might do the same!

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

sure do, well yea if there is a short it will fry, i just hope if that happens its tunnel switch forward and ill pull the switch, ill have a look in navara cattledog tomorrow at work and see if they list something suited, i thought of putting a fuse in but it would have to be HUGE! to handle cold cranking so it probs short for a while before the fuse would blow

the wire would probs last longer then the battery would, props blow the battery up and send my fuel setup flying

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast