Thread: SR Powered Sprinter

Name
    jason
    State
    qld
    Country
    australia

Default sr20 tacho wiring

Hey bud heres what i did to get my sr20 into ae86 tacho working Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb_diagram.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	27342

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

awesome thanks Jason! ill give it a crack!

Name
    shaun
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

Hi mate great build what brake master cylinder do you have in the car is it a bm 33?? And is that the standard booster or also a different one thanks.

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

been ages since i last updated. just been pottering around in the garage, and with the build up to xmas and all i thought id relax. just ended up relaxing too much and helping some of the other guys with their cars instead lol.

i wrote myself up a list of whats to come for this year. including heaps of track time. but first i need to sort out all the niggly bits on the car so i'm happy with it.

so the garage was a shart hole observe image a>>

after shit loads of cleaning lol observe image b>> lol

i began to dismantle the car removing all rear glass, rear bar, most of the crap that is irrelevant and i dont need.

i then started on the guards, rubbing was a major issue and im looking to either have the hoshino's re banded to 9inch (currently 7) or get some other rims which im not sure on yet.

lobstered the inner guard and started to weld it up.

ive done other bits and pieces such as tapping a new water temp sensor into the water outlet as the stock one was reading wrong on the gauge. removed old bride seat to make way for new ones (this had to be done as it barely passed scrutineering on the drift day due to being "flexible" and i want fixed back seats) added wiper after the episode i had with the rain lol

there is alot more to come but its just waiting for spare funds at the minute and hopefully ill be up and running before april (my birthday)

Name
    MAL
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Had a good look through this build thread, well done on all the clean up work!, I'm currently throwing an sr into mine so it's nice to see a similar 'sin' thread lol. I will annoy you with questions if I run into dramas, can't wait to have a slide.

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Haha by all means ask away, pretty much know everything about this car now so I'm sure i can help out. heaps more to come need to update this as i have done a fair few bits since!

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

right so I've been flat out recently, the girlfriend comes home one day after it hitting 42degrees and says her temp needle has slapped max… naturally I'm thinking for f*ck sake so after further inspection i find that she has blown the head gasket. an hour later i have the engine down to the block (a tip for anyone out there dont buy a daewoo lanos) so here are some pics>>

upon close inspection i find some shitty issues making this head gasket job seem a little more expensive

as you can see there is a fair amount of damage.. this which i can only think of is due to oil starvation considering the motor had what i like to call "black death" solidified oil blocking the oil ways.

so after discovering that i spent days cleaning and sourcing parts for this car (nightmare) not to mention the wrecker was a total wanker and gave a cam shaft with the bolt snapped off inside :thumbs:

so after pissing around for days i finally got her back together (thank god lol)

just after that i had a friend come over asking if i could make him up an exhaust for his rs scooby,

sounds sweet as now!

Ive been spending alot of time working on friends cars seeming as mine is well off completion i might as well lend a hand to the guys who can actually get theres done in time for drift days.

a couple of pics of the boys cars.

Anaru's silvia on the dyno at chequered tuning shop, trent is a legend to say the least!

and another with calvins r32 with some new rims and slammed ofcourse

i finally got onto doing some work on my car for a change, i modified the handbrake so that the gearstick doesn't hit it when i change gears.

finished off the rear arches

tried a slightly different approach on the other side seemed to come out a bit better (live and learn)

i decided it was time to commit and cut the boot out for the new floor to fit the fuel cell, the exhaust is going to be relocated to the passenger side and exit front just behind the passenger door, a friend of mine is a sick welder and is going to make me up a staggered twin which will look sick!

i pulled the dash out and sprayed it with heat proof wrinkle paint quite a good outcome i feel although i do need to put some more on the left as it didn't react

I'm getting into fibreglassing as there aren't many people over here that do it, not that i know of anyway lol so my first little kit arrived and I've been pretty much busy doing some of the guys repairs and such since then.

however i have drawn a design for the 86 and I'm currently making up the rear its pretty simple and want to keep the kouki bumpers and try to compliment them instead of changing them completely. but here it is>>

more to come soon once I've made up the moulds and such

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4