Thread: SR Powered Sprinter

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Default SR Powered Sprinter

Hey guys, been meaning to get on here for a while now. finally got some time to sign up etc! i have been posting this built din drift works so ill just copy paste up to were i currently am!

Right, i came to the conclusion that the KE70 was too good to smash up, so I've decided to sell it and the new car arrives tomorrow an Toyota AE86 Sprinter Levin, It's running an SR20DET with an s13 front end, R31 gearbox, R31 prop shaft, R31 rear Diff, R31 Rear brakes, custom rear set up to suit the diff to the corolla. i can't remember the exhaust off the top of my head it has impul hoshinos 15x7 all round the rears can't go on at the minute as the arches need to be worked on to get them in the interior has been completely stripped minus a bride bucket seat and well... a steering wheel lol. the car does fluff a bit on a cold start up but I'm sure its just a fuel issue. but less of the talking and more pictures i suppose.

Granted the car has had alot of the work done already but its far from what i think is clean, so the plan is to pull it all out rewire it get the engine looking respectable and having on the next available track day at winton raceway in september :smokin:

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Ok so here's the KE70 being towed away a sad moment for me but necessary
    a few hours later the AE86 turns up!

the next day i had her in pieces, thought id check out the cams and it turns out to extremely clean! :thumbs:

the baby cooler!

shocking set up here! but hey it can be sorted!

after some hours it started to look a hell of alot better!

and here is what she is looking like at the minute, much cleaner, tucked some wiring and sorted the hosing all out!

after a few beers with the father in law, he showed me a picture of bathurst in 1987 awesome!

so thats it for now need to get the cage in over the next few days then order a new IACV and get her running! so pumped!

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

been away a few days so not much has happened until today. i started to work on the wiring a good few hours into it and it still looks the same if not worse, but tomo is the day so ill be working my nuts off to try and make it reliable lol. by the looks of things, whoever put this together is couldn't be f$%ked to remove half of the unused loom on either side so i have a full sr20det loom and a full 4age loom just spliced together, which is a bloody joke! its everywhere! so i thought start slowly and work my way for way from the rear.

the "custom" fuel pump wiring is the highlight so all of that is coming out and being replaced. the plan is to have a switch board on the dash, so it will all be put through there instead.
    now look at this nearly crying was on the agenda but i thought several cigarettes would counteract the prospect haha!

i did how ever manage to mock up the cusco roll cage which looks pretty good if I'm honest. there is one down side, as of next year all australian tracks days will require a cage with a certain diameter for the main loop, which unfortunately rules out the cusco but hey i can use it until then

more to come tomo once i get a shit load more done

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

I managed to get out int he garage this evening to poke around, still not feel great though got some pics and had a nose under the rear of the car (first time lol) so here we go

pictures of the fitment of the wheels, arches need a little work (or more stretched tyres)

here is the brake and suspension setup

some nice bc suspension there

underneath apart from being a little grotty she is clean and straight

The four link along with whiteline anti roll bar

and you can't really see it, but i saw a cable hanging down and wondered what the heel it was, and to my delight discovers the exhaust has a noisy valve on it

after work tomo i will get stuck in, engines coming out and the loom shit begins.

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

so as i goes, I've been working on the car flat out after work for the last two days to just get her running! I've been doing my best to tackle the wiring searching tirelessly online to try and get my head around WTF is going on haha! but it seems I'm making progress atleast!

Here is a picture from before i cleaned up the alt, oil pressure, main power etc

and after...

i did spend alot of time trying to make some order in the way of the fuse box cutting the shit out i dont need this took up alot of my time!

here is a pic of when i managed to get the inlet back on, i had to jack the engine up off the mounts via the gearbox to JUST get enough room to squeeze it on (I'm not joking my hands are fucked from doing this lol)

a shot of the engine nearing completion

after inspecting the fuel line some more i realised this needed to be changed as there were cracks and frankly i done enjoy unexpected fires much :smoking:

this is when the engine had just been finished, extremely anxious to annoy some neighbours and listen to that unmuffled exhaust lmao!

another shot so you can see i tried to get rid of as many visible wires as i currently could haha

After firing her up, she was a bit lumpy to say the least! it was kicking some serious flames ON IDLE!!! for what reason I'm unsure clearly not firing on all cylinders so i will investigate tomo as i have the day off work i hope its just a loose connection somewhere as it must be feeding fuel (hence the flames) there are no leaks format he injectors and the fuel pump is working fine! any thoughts would be appreciated!

i had some stickers sent through....

a nice shot of the cage in the background!

and here it is just as i closed up for the night! feeling pretty chuffed right now so hopefully ill have it running sweet tomo! and ill get a video for y'all!

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

i know i havnt updated for over a week, but alot has happened with the car.. after i got the engine running i ran into a problem, it was making the most horrific noise like a cat being strangled lol and we could hear a vacuum leak somewhere turned out to the be the inlet mani not bolted down tight enough but fuck me it took long enough for us to find it!

ok so now i know its running fine i really got stuck in with bits and bobs i.e. the wiring which to be honest is the biggest job that needs to be done to the car... i started off tracing wires that ended at, well nothing but a cut off wire i didn't get a picture of it but there were atleast 50 wires doing nothing, so they have been removed etc here are some stage pictures>>

as you may recall this was how it looked when i got it (could barely use the throttle)

getting stuck in lol

after 15 hours

and finished at this point i did jump up and shout FUCK YES! haha

apart from that my week has been taken up with that shit so I'm back on it tomo and ill be out there all day in the sunshine of melbourne lol

here are some pics i took last week of the car because i had Wayne crying for some decent photos lol

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

more news, i have finished fabricating door cards and dash boards! take a look

removed all the indicators and such

the other day i found a pic of my car when it had been crashed and re shell'd

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

so that is what i have so far! main reason for me coming on here, is that not many people care for 86s on the other forum and i just wanted a bit more feedback etc and ofcourse people who enjoy them to talk to i suppose. more to come soon! plus i understand that alot of die hard 86 owners won't like the sr too much but it will make for easy drifting i suppose

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Welcome ... thread moved to ae86 area. I am not a fan of the sr, but i do appreciate it is what it is.. Cheap power

But overall a nice sprinter

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Hi Matt, thanks mate didn't realise i put it in the wrong area :s lol but yes more power and frankly i wasn't the one who did this I'm just the pour soul who has to get it in good running order after it being fettled with lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast