Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Stuart
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Default Track\Daily challenge...Now For Sale

On the last day I was in Japan, on my way to the airport, I looked at this 86. The idea was to cut it up, put it in a container and to put into an Tureno rally shell i have here. It was far too nice to cut up. There is such little rust in it, it just isnt funny. I have got approval to register it when I get a rwc and LO1 plate etc, however; the cage will have to come out and the bonnet will need to be replaced.

I picked it up Friday week ago, took it to Option 1 to look at what wheels will fit( 15x8 0 front & 15x9 -10 rear) over to Hornibrook Motorsport Tyres for a set of Kumho V70A boots(205/50/15 front & 225/45/15 rear). Saturday on the dyno just to check mixtures which were way way to rich. Narrow port on 45mm webbers punched out 125rwhp at about 8000 rpm. Its a bit smokey top end of the revs so we are going to pull it down for a freshenup and see what is really in it. HKS 272 cams, BeR 4 into 1 pipes on a 2.5 stainless system (with cat) and TODA cam gears are the only known items at the moment. Sunday I got a few test laps in at Queensland Raceway and found out 1, it stops after the brakes get hot & 2 Slides waaayyy easy.

Through the week I looked at shocks and springs, 6kg front and back with TRD blue shocks. Brakes are FD RX7 front and std calliper rear with 1 of the harder compound Endless pad. Springs have been orded as have some Hawk HT10 pads, still waiting for them.

Last weekend I took it to the Pittsworth Street Sprints, 1201-1600 unreg class. There was some very well sorted cars in the class, even another 86 with a 20v and several years of suspension development. 2nd in class was the best I could manage, a 1200 coupe came first with a 1500 engine that now measures allmost 1600 and has had over 15 years of development with it's current owner. I will be competitive with him next time... get the suspension sorted and a fresh engine... look out!

This is a short clip of the cars journy in the short time I have owned it.

Last edited by Noddy; 30th August 2013 at 12:20 AM.