Thread: thoughts on new holden colorado

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default thoughts on new holden colorado

ive been thinking about getting one brand new for about a month now,but ive recently looked into the ford ranger,both turbo diesel,dual cab, 4x4,this will be my daily,towcar and everything the 86 cant do haha,dose anyone on here have 1 of those 2?what are your thoughts/expierences with them,are you happy?

Name
    Karl
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I work at a Holden dealership and have driven the new Colorado a fair bit.. They are alright and quite comfortable.
    They seem pretty equal to the previous model aswell. The RC Colorado (my old man has one of these)
    The new model has a longer body frame and all new engine design. Gearbox drivetrain etc. but just doesn't seem as comfortable.. It has a more spacious interior. But in my opinion it's a bit to spacious.
    The old mans mate has the new ford ranger and that is pretty tough! Haven't driven though so its a bit hard to compare.
    Hope this helps

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I wouldn't touch many new cars of today, not made like they used to... I wouldn't buy a new car personally myself just purely because of the amount you loose as soon as you drive it off the showroom floor, if you must have a new car I would go for a demo or someone who has more money than sense and decides they want something else after having the car for 6 months. Or just buy a landcrusier, haha.
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Vw amarok.
    No ute on the market compares. It has a n awesomely comfortable interior. A punchy punchy engine that hauls ass after its been run in. The only thing that is on par after everything else I have driven was the Mazda bt50

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

driven colorado's, older b t50's (before the new weird shape) olderish tritons, 2012 navara, range of hilux's , all turbo diesal, the colorado's dont seem to pull like the others, we have a triton and bt50 come in every 5,000 since 3-4 services into logbook's(couple owns them) and neither of them have had any major issues(there up in the high 1**,*** area now) think we have done shocks allround of both, and that was more of an option, and oviously brakes and just maitance

Seeing how some cars coming out of holden i wouldnt go near them at the moment, go to blueslip a car with 15k on it, and its got oil pissing out of it already

2012 navara, has been back under warrenty twice, for rattles, injectors, engine mounts collasped, and at 36,000km has had front pads and NEW rotors(due to be on size limiti already) mind you it is auto, also had to install bags in the back due to being on its guts with a decent car trailer with a yank tank on it, pulls it no worrys though

VW amarok is the BULLSHIT of utes, but so is the price i beleive, if your actually interested in one PM .Blake he works for VW

also keep in mind people(car yards etcetc) arent selling cars, i know neapaen motoring group will knock off 5k off most cars before you even walk in the door, so if you do go to buy a new car dont be afraid to haggle, there all desparate

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

thanks for that guys,the amarock is out of my price range,i test drove a manual 4x4 lx turbo deisel colorado today,im pretty much sold on it,just shopping aound atm ill try neapean motoring group as you mentioned lolwat,is paint protection worth 2 k or a load of shit?the extras i want is towbar,the tarp for tray,floor mats and maybe window tint if i get a good deal,as for it loosing value when i drive away,this dose'nt really bother me,when you think about it,
    ill be keeping it for quiet a while,get my use out of it,starting fresh not someone elses problems, warranties etc,im fortunate enough to be able to in terms of my finances so might aswell,86 will look sweet behind it on m7 lol
    Last edited by s13 james; 18th September 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Name
    joshua
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

Go and test drive a sr 4x4 diesel hilux. Nothing comes close. And paint protection is a load. It's just wax in a bottle like you can get from supercheap.

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

for some reason hilux dosent do it for me,haha thanks for heads up on paint protection

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

fuck them all, and please please please dont buy a navara.

I'd get a 10 year old hilux over a new colarado
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Jay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i work in the mines and have driven the shit out of the whole range of 4wd utes and the only ones i would actually buy are 2003-present hilux or new model ranger/bt50

everything else is dead/dying by 40,000kms

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast