Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Default KE70 4AGE Conversion.

Hey guys,

I know you get these questions all the time. Just want to confirm the bits I need for the conversion. I have done a heap of research over this forum and the web over the past few days, just wanna make sure what i have sourced will work to get the motor in there. You help will be greatly appreciated.

I have sourced:

I know I will need a KE71 pedal box, is there anything else I'll need? Tailshaft etc?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hey there mate,

yeap sounds like your on your way. Considering you got yourself a motor package out of an ae86, it sounds as though most of the works done for you.

In terms of running the motor, you'll need to have the loom modified to work in the ke70, unsure how this is done, had someone do it for me. You'll need to do some reading, or find someone locally who can help you out.

As well as this, you'll need to organise yourself a fuel system (surge tank, lift pump, pump, fuel filter, efi hoses etc), otherwise, keep an eye out for JDM tanks. Ive got one in my car and it cuts out all the drama of running an aftermarket fuel system. They're not cheap, but for me it was worth the trade off.

You'll need some form of pedalbox, ae71, modified ke70, even seen modified ae92 (i think) ones. A guy on rollaclub has successfully adapted a 86 clutch pedal setup in his keto. All depends what you can get your hands on.

You'll need a gearbox crossmember to suit t50. Seeing as though your buying that kit, i guess you wont need anything actually. The guys who builds them seems like he knows what hes doing so should be a good lil setup.

Im sure theres more you'll require, you'll find these sorts of things take time, and too, you'll find theres always a few little things you dont have that you'll have to get. But having pieced my way through the conversion with a longish motor, your way better of doing what you did and buying straight from another ae86.
    Last edited by pauliee; 5th October 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I appreciate you taking the time to reply mate!

Yep, All good! I understand all that stuff! Just new to the Corolla bits, and whats interchangeable between models.

Cheers!

Name
    Adam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Also if your buying a front wheel drive 4age out of an aussie delivered corolla etc , your gonna need to get the intake manifold cut and welded. also rwd alternator bracket and cooling water setup has to change. The list is quite big once you actually do it. My suggestion is buy someone elses running gear out of a parted out car or a wreck. It might be a bigger investment straight up but it will be less headaches in the end , especially if this is your first engine swap.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

That kit is jordos one that he sells through here... There is a bosch pump which fits inside the tank that i used on my ke70... People buy commodore senders but you really don't need to do that. Just grommets and nuts that you lop the end off.

By far to me that is the easiest way of going about it. I never experienced surge with that setup even whent he tank was low.

As for wiring start here.

Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Cheers, I am getting the motor package out of an AE86 to save all the FWD to RWD conversion on the motor itself.

Thanks again.

Name
    Adam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

oh wicked yeah will be much more straight forward

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Cheers mate, I'll look into the bosch pump! If i do experience it, can always put in a surge tank. Thanks for the link to the wiring diagram.

Yeah, I found the mount kit on here and gumtree. All good!

Cheers again mate!

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just make sure the pump diameter is < 40mm , ae86 diameter is larger and can accept ae82 factory pumps. The ke70's cannot.

From memory the pump i used was advertised on ebay as a replacement for an ae111. Maybe even this one, just ask the diameter before purchasing it.

And get these connectors to stop fuel leaking back through the insulation.

You can make something similar with a nut / washers and grommets from bunnings.

You'll need to cut the existing fuel pickup and attach the pump so it sits at the bottom of the tank.

And finally make sure you use efi hose clamps so the clamp doesn't damage the fuel hose (which also has to be efi) gates efi hose ain't cheap, but a meter of it is all you'll need and it is good.

So there you have it an efi ke70 tank, sure it doesn't have the baffels, but I never experienced any fuel surge issues.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Matt! Legend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast